Allgemeine Fragen zum Transkodieren

Doppellhelix

Doppellhelix

Hallo alle zusammen.

Ich habe keine Probleme mit Emby (Premiere). Läuft wirklich alles gut.

Mich interessiert nur, was beim Transkodieren genau passiert.

Einige Freunde von mir, die von meiner Festplatte schauen, bemängeln das der Start des Films oder Serie sich manchmal verzögert. Es dauert, bis der Film abspielt.

Ich vermute, dass mein Server den Film vorher umwandelt, damit er auf dem Client meiner Freunde überhaupt darstellbar ist.

Das ist es doch, oder?

Wenn ein Format oder Codec eines Films nicht auf dem Client darstellbar ist (Samsung TV machen hier die größten Probleme), dann wandelt Emby den Film in ein Format um, was der Client darstellen kann.

Dieses Umwandeln dauert teilweise eine ganze Zeit. Wie kann ich das verbessern?

Nutzt es, ein wenig Arbeittspeicher aufzurüsten oder geht das Umwandeln nur vom Prozessor bezw von der Grafikkarte aus?

Kann man in den Einstellungen etwas optimieren?

Wie kann ich rausfinden, welcher Film wahrscheinlich "Probleme" machen wird. Dann könnte man es mal ausprobieren.

Danke für eure Erklärung.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone.

I have no problems with Emby (Premiere). Everything runs really well.

I'm just interested in what exactly happens during transcoding.

Some friends of mine who watch from my hard disk complain that the start of the movie or series is sometimes delayed. It takes time for the movie to play.

I assume that my server converts the movie beforehand so that it can be displayed on my friends' client at all.

That's it, isn't it?

If a format or codec of a movie cannot be displayed on the client (Samsung TVs cause the biggest problems here), Emby converts the movie into a format that the client can display.

This conversion sometimes takes a long time. How can I improve this?

Is it useful to upgrade a little memory or does the conversion only work from the processor or the graphics card?

Can something be optimized in the settings?

How can I find out which movie is likely to cause "problems"? Then you could give it a try.

Thank you for your explanation.

This conversion sometimes takes a long time. How can I improve this?

Hi, this is just the nature of transcoding. It's better to focus on avoiding it than speeding it up. You can improve it to some degree with hardware transcoding (via Emby Premiere).

Doppellhelix

Thank you for the useful tips.

A small suggestion for improvement.
Is it possible to have a message at the start of the movie when it is being converted?
That way the users know that something is happening in the background and not a bad connection or other things.
So that it is still worth waiting for the start.

2 hours ago, Doppellhelix said:

Thank you for the useful tips.

A small suggestion for improvement.
Is it possible to have a message at the start of the movie when it is being converted?
That way the users know that something is happening in the background and not a bad connection or other things.
So that it is still worth waiting for the start.

Hi, yes a loading  message is not a bad idea. Thanks.