movies folder jumps straight to "suggestions"

Ricobico
Go to solution Solved by Ricobico,

Ricobico

Hello.

I am new to Emby and so far I really like it, so thank you for your hard work!

I tried to find an answer to this, but failed: Is there a way to have it so when I select a library folder - in this case the content type is  "movies", and the folder is the genre (comedy, action, etc) - the screen would go to the "movies" tab instead of "suggestions" tab?

Thank you.

Ricobico

Thank you for the fast reply.

Yes, I just re-checked those settings in the web app and I have the default screen set to "movies" and it looks just how I want it on my computer, by which I mean that when I select home>movie-folder, it goes straight to "movies", but in the Roku (on my TV) it is still defaulting to "suggestions". I am probably missing something, though.

I did reboot the server and the roku, but it's still not working.

Edited by Ricobico

GrimReaper

Not a Roku user, but IF it follows same design guidelines as AndroidTV app (as it generally does), you should have particular Library settings behind cog icon top-right once in library view, where you can set Default tab for that library. 

• Agree 1

• Solution
Ricobico

you nailed it! Thank you so much! I am no "coder" (that is not meant to sound snarky),  but it seems weird that the TV interface doesn't match the PC interface.

9 hours ago, Ricobico said:

you nailed it! Thank you so much! I am no "coder" (that is not meant to sound snarky),  but it seems weird that the TV interface doesn't match the PC interface.

But isn't it intuitive that you would change the default view in the place where it actually takes effect?  

Ricobico

Yes, it does seem intuitive, but then again, some settings say something like "use the web interface to make these changes" when you try to change them from the TV.

Emby very well may have fixed an issue I have had for over a decade, which is being chained to my WDTVLive streaming box. I will try it for a week and if there are no issues, I'll buy the license and this will be my "new way".

Thank you!!

some settings say something like "use the web interface to make these changes" when you try to change them from the TV.

That is intuitive, right? you can argue it's an annoyance but it is at least obvious of what you need to do, right?

Ricobico

If some settings are controlled by the web interface and some by the TV interface, then it's not really intuitive as to how to control the appearance of the app,IMO. It's not annoying, though. I am happy. I asked for help and got it quickly and I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Ricobico said:

If some settings are controlled by the web interface and some by the TV interface, then it's not really intuitive 

It's intuitive as long as it's obvious, right? Would you say that the explanation in the app at least makes it obvious of where you need to go, even if you don't like the answer?

Ricobico
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's intuitive as long as it's obvious, right? Would you say that the explanation in the app at least makes it obvious of where you need to go, even if you don't like the answer?

It wasn't obvious, at least not to me. I thought it was something I had to adjust at my PC. But I also miss things that are right in front of my face, lol.