Playback duration for recording in progress not accurate

Catchwa

With NextPVR (I don't know if this happens for other LiveTV plugins), when I start watching a recording that is in progress, the video duration that Emby has detected (and that can be manually refreshed via Refresh Metadata) is treated as static. i.e. if I am recording a one hour show and start the recording from the beginning 30 minutes in, the playback will only last 30 minutes. When it hits the 30 minutes (either via playback or fast-forwarding) the playback goes back to the show/recording screen rather than continuing (which is what something like VLC will do). When this happens, I have to refresh the metadata and then start the playback again and fast forward to the part I was up to - which is quite annoying.

Is it possible to either:

1. Have Emby try and play past the metadata-determined duration just to check if content has been added since the start of the recording?

2. Have Emby automatically fetch the duration portion of the video metadata every minute or so - especially if it's a recording?

Thanks.

emveepee

Nothing to fetch from NextPVR, Emby is just streaming live TV from NextPVR (zero integration) so Emby is in complete control of the duration.

Martin

2. Have Emby automatically fetch the duration portion of the video metadata every minute or so - especially if it's a recording?

Hi, the main issue is that Emby Server doesn't know that it's a recording. To the library scanner it just looks like any other static file. Why not have Emby Live TV do the recording instead?

In the past, I have had very mixed success with using Emby directly to do recording scheduling (hence my current setup), but I have recently moved my tuner card from another PC to the same server that is running Emby, so I'll try again and create a new thread if I have issues with that aspect.

Thanks

• Thanks 1