Connection refused on FreeBSD 14

Samkook
Go to solution Solved by Duffyx,

Samkook

I just updated to FreeBSD 14 since emby-server was gone when I upgraded my packages in 13.2 and now I'm getting a connection refused error when I try to open the web interface.

The service does start but if I check the output of ps aux, the number in brackets seems to be incrementing, not sure if that's normal and I also remember always usually seeing 2 process there but only once I've seen 2:

root /home/ai-san# psg emby
emby       1662    0.0  0.0    12816    2384  -  Ss   18:02     0:00.16 daemon: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer[5565] (daemon)
emby       5565    0.0  0.0    14988    4216  -  R    18:19     0:00.00 /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/li
emby       1662    0.0  0.0    12816    2384  -  Ss   18:02     0:00.17 daemon: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer[5830] (daemon)
emby       1662    0.0  0.0    12816    2384  -  Ss   18:02     0:00.17 daemon: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer[5878] (daemon)
emby       1662    0.0  0.0    12816    2384  -  Ss   18:02     0:00.17 daemon: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer[5890] (daemon)

I do have the openssl 3.0.12_1,1 package installed unlike the other guy with the same issue.

Edited by Samkook

Samkook

I was going to try that but after I installed it, I saw the package was deprecated so I figured that couldn't be the fix.

Edit: It does fix it, but I assume that's just a temporary fix.

Edited by Samkook

3 hours ago, Samkook said:

I was going to try that but after I installed it, I saw the package was deprecated so I figured that couldn't be the fix.

Edit: It does fix it, but I assume that's just a temporary fix.

That is the fix until we move to dotnet 8, which is built against openssl 3.0. But right now we use dotnet 6 and that requires openssl 1.1.

• Like 1

Samkook

Hopefully that is in the short term todo list because I've already had to reinstall openssl 1.1.1 3 times.

Every time something has an openssl dependency, it installs 3.0 again and remove 1.1.1 so I have install 1.1.1 back after to replace 3.0.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 12:15 AM, Samkook said:

Hopefully that is in the short term todo list because I've already had to reinstall openssl 1.1.1 3 times.

Every time something has an openssl dependency, it installs 3.0 again and remove 1.1.1 so I have install 1.1.1 back after to replace 3.0.

You can always just

pkg lock openssl

for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Samkook

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong but locking the package does not seem to prevent it from being reinstalled or removed.

That command would lock openssl 3, but it still gets installed and I also tried to lock openssl111-1.1.1w, just in case and that also doesn't prevent anything.

I'm assuming the lock only works for manual installation and not when they're required by a package or something like that because I do have a confirmation they are locked.

Edited by Samkook

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, redwards said:

Has version 4.9 beta been updated to the new openssl3? 

HI, no, not yet, sorry.