Slow load (artists / albums)

Lee

Noticed on the latest beta that initial folder loads seems to be taking a lot longer...

Also sometimes when I play an album it kinda sticks with no listing of what is going to play, sometimes this corrects itself other times it doesn't.

Anyone else noticing similar behaviour?

A definite bug is if playback stops for whatever reason (music) and the app is in the background, when you bring it to the foreground and click back nothing loads. I always have to close the app and relaunch.

I've sent some logs thru the app I think.. Let me know if you want/need anything else @@ScottIsAFool

newfiend

I just started adding Music to Media Browser.. for some reason the WP app on the Home Screen under Recent items have the cover art but at the bottom have a bunch of numbers and letters where the album title should be..(looks like a MusicBrainz album ID # almost, but the number at the bottom of the album doesn't match the MusicBrainz ID# listed in the metadata editor in MB Server.) it's only on the recent items on the home screen.. if I open up music and view the album it lists the album title just fine..no numbers just album title like it should be.. Possible WP home screen album title bug? Anyone else have this issue as well? 

Edited by newfiend

I just started adding Music to Media Browser.. for some reason the WP app on the Home Screen under Recent items have the cover art but at the bottom have a bunch of numbers and letters where the album title should be..(looks like a MusicBrainz album ID # almost, but the number at the bottom of the album doesn't match the MusicBrainz ID# listed in the metadata editor in MB Server.) it's only on the recent items on the home screen.. if I open up music and view the album it lists the album title just fine..no numbers just album title like it should be.. Possible WP home screen album title bug? Anyone else have this issue as well?

I did have that but it randomly cured itself, so I can be of no help whatsoever...

They aren't multi CDs are they? There was definitely a multi cd issue at some stage with music brainz

newfiend

I did have that but it randomly cured itself, so I can be of no help whatsoever...

They aren't multi CDs are they? There was definitely a multi cd issue at some stage with music brainz

Thanks for the reply Lee.. I didn't mean to hijack your thread here either so for that I apologize.. =)

No they aren't multi CD's just single disc's I added. It only shows a # on the Recent Items list on the Home Screen for Windows Phone App..(latest update to WP and Latest Server Release installed) it displays fine everywhere else. Weird..??

newfiend

Yep. Can you check idtags see if they are ok??

I checked the MusicBrainz ID's and Audio DB ID #'s are both there for the artist and Album all external ID's fields are filled and correct. I can even click Identify and it searches and gives me the correct album..

The .mp3's were tagged using Jaikoz x64 and renamed using MusicBrainz Picard prior to adding it to my Music Folder. It displays fine in the Windows 8.1 app, as well as Media Browser Classic in WMC.. only the recent items list on the Windows Phone app shows #'s and Letters for the album title.. if I open Music from the home screen in the Windows Phone app and find the same album it shows the correct album title.

I added three photos.. first is the album on the home screen in recent items list, Second is if I tap it in the recent Items list,. Third pic is if I open Music from the home screen then select the Artist and it displays the album title correctly..

post-444-0-07892400-1415232525_thumb.jpg

post-444-0-64782700-1415233067_thumb.jpg

post-444-0-27347100-1415233079_thumb.jpg

Edited by newfiend

ScottIsAFool

@@newfiend do you have the latest MB server beta installed (the one with MB Connect)? If so, if you wanted me to check this album against the current dev build of the app, you can share your server with me using Connect, just put my username in as a guest.

• Like 1

@@ScottIsAFool

A definite bug is if playback stops for whatever reason (music) and the app is in the background, when you bring it to the foreground and click back nothing loads. I always have to close the app and relaunch.

I thought this was only reproducible on music but I had it with tv today, it's as if it loses focus/connection when you put it to the background.

newfiend

@@newfiend do you have the latest MB server beta installed (the one with MB Connect)? If so, if you wanted me to check this album against the current dev build of the app, you can share your server with me using Connect, just put my username in as a guest.

Hi Scott,.. I sent you a tweet about this last night and you responded that it was in fact a bug in the latest WP build. Would you still like access to my server? If so I can add you if you still want to check things out. I do have the latest beta server build installed. I added more albums to my collection last night as well and they did the same thing showing #'s and letters for the album name.

EDIT: @@ScottIsAFool .. I added you to my Guests so you can check it against the latest Dev Build. Let me know how things work out for you.

newfiend~

Edited by newfiend

ScottIsAFool

Hi Scott,.. I sent you a tweet about this last night and you responded that it was in fact a bug in the latest WP build. Would you still like access to my server? If so I can add you if you still want to check things out. I do have the latest beta server build installed. I added more albums to my collection last night as well and they did the same thing showing #'s and letters for the album name.

Yeah, I said that because I remembered seeing it myself :) Always good to confirm with another source though.

• Like 1

newfiend

@@ScottIsAFool no problem.. I see that you were able to login and set up a user account. Let me know when you're done testing. Hope this helps you out. Thank you. Just FYI I sleep my server machine at night U.S. EST. so it might be offline during the night hours here for you.

Edited by newfiend

ScottIsAFool

Just FYI I sleep my server machine at night U.S. EST. so it might be offline during the night hours here for you.

That would explain why I couldn't connect when I tried :)

newfiend

That would explain why I couldn't connect when I tried :)

Sorry about that.. The Server machine is on from @6pm EST to 11-12ish EST (U.S.) We usually watch TV during that time. Hope that helps out.

newfiend~

• 3 months later...

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue. The web loads instantly, my android client takes 2 or 3 seconds but the wp8 app takes 30 plus seconds to load artists?

snapwing

I've been noticing the same thing-- that artist load times have recently been taking about 20-25 seconds.  Loading the initial page is fine and I can see my various views right away.  Subsequently selecting movies, TV, or channels also results in quick loads.  But with music, it lags on populating artists, songs, genres, etc.  It seems to be about the same whether I use a WiFi or cellular connection.  Can I offer any additional information or testing with this?