Trailers, very poor quality

aquatarkus

aquatarkus

Is there any update as to the incredibly poor Trailers quality, they are unwatchable. Issue appears to have been going on for ages with no apparent resolution.

• 1 month later...
lh120503

Would be great to get this sorted. As a long term beta tester this one aspect of Emby is no reflection on how great Emby is, the trailers really do let the side down. Ive deleted them for now, on large screens they are diabolical. 

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Unfortunately looks like this new source is low quality.  But I guess in today's day and age you're not going to find good quality sources without paying for it.

image.png.fee12063da8e00a0d0ada7e073ae0d79.png

At least with previous sources there as a hack to change the quality.

• Like 1

Mahinepua

Even the Kodi youtube trailer plugin has some pretty low res results so Emby isnt alone.

• Agree 1

Mahinepua

I suspect it’s a hard ask.

Downloading yourself is a better option, even YouTube trailers are hit and miss depending on the age of the movie. HD trailers don’t exist for everything out there plus some are geo blocked when streaming.

I’m not sure if Plex is any better?

• 1 month later...
lh120503

The YTrailers plugin is quite useful and performs well. I wonder if that could be enhanced to grab You Tube trailers for upcoming movies as well as for movies in a personal collection.