Is there an emby that will plug and play on LG QNed TV with usb media?

Southernskmo

Southernskmo

I have been trying to figure out if I can do this with my new LG TV using either the downloadable lg emby app or emby Theater app or Nvidia Shield Pro or what? I am trying to sidestep having to share on a server on a network. Is there an emby that is plug and play and will find attached media files? 

I bought the Embry Premiere and have been using it with Nvidia Shield Pro on an old laptop and that is working and I love emby. Bought the new TV knowing it was going to have your app available for download into it. Have not done that yet because I've spent the last month reading and it looks like I still need to have a server? Is there any form of emby that is Plug and Play? I am not long for this world and would like to give this as a present for someone to plug it in and enjoy the emby service.

Southernskmo

I spent most of this year trying to find a Nas that would plug and play emby for me but the five brands that I looked at all had techie setups which I could do but others couldn't and it would make a lousy present for someone who is not techie. I have been making this media collection since Windows 3.1 on floppy disk. I would like to see my descendants enjoy it and emby is the best way to do that. How can I do that plug and play for my descendants for when I'm gone.

Southernskmo

Initially I thought having a domain name place would make it easier so I kept my old address at Mom's pc.net after I closed down the websites I was serving. My brain isn't like it used to be but after more reading I decided that wouldn't help me for Plug and Play Issues. I'm in an apartment using Spectrum and I think there's an issue with IPv6 Maybe

Edited by Southernskmo