Skip Intro Questions

ZLuckyTraveler

ZLuckyTraveler

Question #1
How do I manually generate skip intros marker for single episode? 

I’ve tried refresh metadata at the show, season, and episode level, and that doesn’t seem to do anything, as there’s nothing in the dashboard’s “Running Tasks” of it occurring, like it does during scheduled tasks.

I have intro detection enabled as a scheduled task and when new media is added for all TV Show libraries as well.

Question #2
Can this be done at the season or show level to generate intro markers in bulk for a single season of episodes or all of a show’s episodes?

Question #3
Additionally how can I confirm that intro/credit markers have been generated for an episode?

Question #4
Running Tasks just says “Detect Episode Intro”, with no additional information as to which TV Show it’s occurring for. How do I find out?  

Edited by ZLuckyTraveler

rbjtech

#1 The technology used ti detect intros compares the same audio passage used between multiple episodes.. thus you need multiple episodes for it to work.  Minimum 3 episodes is required as sometimes the first episode contains a different/longer intro. #2 this is done for all episodes within the same l season - again because a season intro may change across the show #3 the client can show the 'markers' if required or use the chapter api plugin to see them all in detail #4 if you want to see real time progress, then turn on debug logging and look at the log.    Intro detection can be a very slow progress if you have 1000's of episodes etc

I hope that helps ..

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

To add, if you did want to manually add,edit or delete the introskip markers (hidden chapters) then use the chapter api plugin as mentioned in my first post.

ZLuckyTraveler
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

#1 The technology used ti detect intros compares the same audio passage used between multiple episodes.. thus you need multiple episodes for it to work.  Minimum 3 episodes is required as sometimes the first episode contains a different/longer intro. #2 this is done for all episodes within the same l season - again because a season intro may change across the show #3 the client can show the 'markers' if required or use the chapter api plugin to see them all in detail #4 if you want to see real time progress, then turn on debug logging and look at the log.    Intro detection can be a very slow progress if you have 1000's of episodes etc

I hope that helps ..

Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for and in detail.

As for the Chapter API plugin, do you have link to that?

Is this the same as the IntroSkip plugin? 

rbjtech
15 minutes ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for and in detail.

As for the Chapter API plugin, do you have link to that?

Is this the same as the IntroSkip plugin? 

Hi - As mentioned by @jaycedk- this is in the main Plugin Catalogue under metadata - look for the icon below -

image.png.bfb1c9ff049612b667aa5a2d3b605488.png

Please don't use the Introskip Plugin from the forum thread, as while it's still fully functional (and actually has a lot more functionality that the Core feature), it's no longer supported by the 3rd party devs (I was on the team)..  Thanks !

Edited by rbjtech

ZLuckyTraveler
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hi - As mentioned by @jaycedk- this is in the main Plugin Catalogue under metadata - look the icon below -

image.png.bfb1c9ff049612b667aa5a2d3b605488.png

Please don't use the Introskip Plugin from the forum thread, as while it's still fully functional (and actually has a lot more functionality that the Core feature), it's no longer supported by the 3rd party devs (I was on the team)..  Thanks !

Great thanks. Is there a wiki or guide on utilizing it? I just downloaded, and trying to figure it all out first before messing with anything. 

rbjtech
1 minute ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

Great thanks. Is there a wiki or guide on utilizing it? I just downloaded, and trying to figure it all out first before messing with anything. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/110525-plugin-chapter-editor-chapterapi/

This is the official forum post for it - it's very easy to use.

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

Cool, just went over and it's been stuck on "Loading Data..." for quiet some time now, and can't get passed it.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 9.44.25 AM.png

Working ok here (was fairly instant) - you may need to give it a while as it shows a summary of all the intro's found.   

Do individual shows/episodes work ok ?

Maybe try again - if still an issue then post your issue in the thread.

Edited by rbjtech

ZLuckyTraveler
22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Working ok here (was fairly instant) - you may need to give it a while as it shows a summary of all the intro's found.   

Do individual shows/episodes work ok ?

Maybe try again - if still an issue then post your issue in the thread.

It finally worked, took about 45 minutes to load.

However, trying to use the Intro Detect feature doesn't seem to work when adding a job. It just fails with this error.

Add Job Action Failed
No intro info data available from submitted files or Intro DB

I've left the Info data empty to use the internal data DB. I even tried to perform the action on a show that already has intros detected from the internal Emby intro skip feature, so doesn't make sense to me why it would fail if that data is already available. 

rbjtech
13 minutes ago, ZLuckyTraveler said:

However, trying to use the Intro Detect feature doesn't seem to work when adding a job. It just fails with this error.

Add Job Action Failed
No intro info data available from submitted files or Intro DB

I've left the Info data empty to use the internal data DB. I even tried to perform the action on a show that already has intros detected from the internal Emby intro skip feature, so doesn't make sense to me why it would fail if that data is already available. 

I believe this ChapterAPI feature has been removed or I may be getting confused with the crowd sourced intro data - Need @TeamBto confirm, so I suggest raise in the ChapterAPI forum and tag '@TeamB' like I have done here .. :)

• 3 months later...
YKEmbyMedia

I have the same problem. Pugin doesn't work at all. I tried my original Emby server on Synology NAS, then Windows installed then Windows portable emby server versions - no luck.

image.thumb.png.2ce7265f0bfda901c1494f1eeeee3912.png

When I press Add job, I always get this error.

I tried adding some tags manually.

image.thumb.png.38eb0b5339f88f464673c7f656f33a3b.png

When I press that Download or Play buttons in the last column, the page is changed and I see this

image.thumb.png.f6ab8ef3d9fefa09b7a4d8695e4167c5.png

No idea what the problem could be.

Note: I turned off native Emby markers generation tool in Library and want to use only this plugin.

Here's my log - hope it helps.

embyserver.txt

TeamB
13 minutes ago, YKEmbyMedia said:

I have the same problem. Pugin doesn't work at all. I tried my original Emby server on Synology NAS, then Windows installed then Windows portable emby server versions - no luck.

image.thumb.png.2ce7265f0bfda901c1494f1eeeee3912.png

When I press Add job, I always get this error.

I tried adding some tags manually.

image.thumb.png.38eb0b5339f88f464673c7f656f33a3b.png

When I press that Download or Play buttons in the last column, the page is changed and I see this

image.thumb.png.f6ab8ef3d9fefa09b7a4d8695e4167c5.png

No idea what the problem could be.

Note: I turned off native Emby markers generation tool in Library and want to use only this plugin.

Here's my log - hope it helps.

embyserver.txt 123.51 kB · 0 downloads

i thought this was only a problem with the latest beta 4.9 server but your log shows you are running 4.8.3.0, i will need to look into it.

• Like 1