Editing Metadata for a Channel Hangs

codechurn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

codechurn

I am attempting to edit metadata for a channel because it is incorrect. No matter if I pull up the channel or go in meta data explorer I get the pinwheel of doom, Looking at the `embyserver.log` I see the following:

2023-12-21 20:40:27.810 Info HttpClient: GET https://host2/v1.1/lineups/USA-DITV508-DEFAULT/channels?enhancedCallSign=true
2023-12-21 20:40:28.058 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: C:\Users\wmc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.20348
	Framework: .NET 6.0.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/wmc/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\wmc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\wmc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at EmbyGuideData.Gracenote.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelData(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.QueryChannelsAsync(ChannelManagementQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

How can I blank out this channel's metadata so that I can set it properly? Also, I would think that if the back end respond with a `500` the web uib should repot it and not just present an ever spinning wheel.

• Solution

Hi, please try going into guide data setup for your Emby Guide Data and click save on it. You may need to reselect the lineup if the one you previously had is no longer available. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

codechurn

@Lukeit turned out that somehow the guide data was deselected for all tuners. This was the case for *all* of my guide data (I have multiple guide data sources configured). When looking the Gudie data source both the 'Enable for all tuners' and the specific checkboxes next to the tuners were all deselected. I went though, enabled each for all tuners and the problem was solved. 

• Thanks 1