Error on Playback on all media

salphonso

salphonso

Running Media Browser Theater on a Intel NUC DCCP847DYE.  It connects great and after the initial caching the Celeron handles browsing surprisingly decent.  Having a few issues.  The main issue I am trying to tackle is, I can't play any media.  When I tell it to play I get an error.  Attached is my debug log file.  It looks like its getting a 204 error but I am not sure where else to go with this one.

theater-63550449050.txt

jluce50

Do you by any chance use Cinema Mode or Advanced Intros? If so, that was causing issues for me (under specific circumstances, but still...). You might try disabling those just to see if it helps.

Jonny Speed

I am having this issue as well. i read these threads, uninstalled and reinstalled. What I found is that I get that error in media theater when Bitstreaming is on (set to HDMI or SPDIF). If I turn it off all of my movies play. Otherwise they don't.

salphonso

Cinema mode is not on.  Advanced intros is not enabled and I have tried Bitstreaming on all settings.  Still no luck.  They play fine is MBC.

salphonso

Ok, Its working now.

I test all my clients in my office and hook them up to one of my monitors via HDMI > DVI.  So, that being said I have n o sound on them when testing because typically I am just installing the OS and software and then making sure it can connect to the Server and communicate.  I moved the NUC into its home in the MBR and connected it to the TV.  Then RDP from my main computer to do some final configuration.  When I tested playback through RDP it worked without a hitch so I went to the physical machine and tested it again and all is working perfectly.

Stranger things have happened but I am wondering if it was a problem due to no audio out device when hooked up to the monitor.  With the Intel NUC devices they feed audio through the HDMI port only and when it is connected through a DVI adapter it thinks it has no audio output device.  

Anyways, it is resolved so I get to use MBT and have all the cool fanart and functions.  Can't wait for more updates.  Great work Luke and the rest of the Media Browser Team!