Plugin Updates failing

archiel

Over the last week plugin updates and installs are failing

First noted when the OMDB update to 1.0.21 failed - and then more recently TVDB 1.4.3.   To test if it was just updated I removed the TVDB package and now it will not re-install

The logs are showing effectively the same  

https://embydata.com/admin/service/packageFiles/xxxxxxx_xxx.exe timed out

If relevant,

• just trying to access the Plugins catalogue can be very slow, and when found the details for a particular plugin can also be very slow / hang
  • simply downloading the *.exe files is fine (bar the 'unrecognised' ' are you sure you want to save' messages.
  • the server has been rebooted several times since the issue appeared - same problem
  • have tried on edge and firefox - makes no difference.

Is there another way to install the updates?

Archie

embyserver.txt

Hi.  Something is interfering with access to our server.  Do you have firewall, VPN or other security software?

12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Something is interfering with access to our server.  Do you have firewall, VPN or other security software?

Nothing that has changed.  Firewall and  Security is the Windows 11 built-in software.  I have VPN software, but it is not running on the machine that is hosting Emby server.

I also tried disabling the firewall and then installing, still failed.

Eventually found the problem, IPv6 on my ISP Community Fibre (CF) - in casethiss of use to another user.

I have recently moved and although it offers IPv6 (DHCP-PD) and is recognised as such Test your IPv6. (test-ipv6.com) running tracert show that the connection defaults of IPv6, but after connecting to the main CF infrastructure, on the 5th hop, all future hops time out.  Disabling IPv6 solves the problem, so less than ideal. 

• Thanks 1