Previous android emby app apk

mfemby

Hi

I cannot use the latest android app as it requires that the emby server I want to access to, needs to be updated.

Because of issues with the latest Emby server update, I am not interested in updating it and I want to remain on the older server version 4.6.7.

I can access the server on the web media, but then I am not able to use Chromecast. Therefore where can i download android app apk for previous app version that is compatible with the Emby server version 4.6.7

Best regards

On latest version 4.7.14 I have these issues:

1. Playback error on some movies, others are ok.

2. Subtitles are not shown on any movies. Cannot select subtitles.

3. When pausing a movie the remaining time is not saved, and the movie is just marked as played.

I have tried to solve the issues by uninstall and reinstall Emby with latest version but with no luck.

Reverted to version 4.6.7 and I no longer have these issues. 

The Emby Server is running on Debian GNU/Linux 9.13

I searched other threads but only found recommendations to uninstall and reinstall.

If you or anyone could help fixing the issues I would appreciate it. I have just been struggling with it for a while so thought it would be easier to remain on the version I know works.

pwhodges

Perhaps explain what specific problems you had in the period of that log - or are you saying that all three you mentioned are demonstrated?

Paul

CBers
40 minutes ago, mfemby said:

I searched other threads but only found recommendations to uninstall and reinstall.

If you or anyone could help fixing the issues I would appreciate it. I have just been struggling with it for a while so thought it would be easier to remain on the version I know works.

pwhodges

That log is stuffed full of ffprobe errors which read to me (I don't know the code, though) like something in the code is corrupt or the wrong version.  I would want that cleaned up before judging anything else.  

How did you download this version?

If you scroll down in:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases
you could download and try 4.7.13 to see if that is different (or even get 4.7.14 from there to see if that's the same).

Paul

57 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Perhaps explain what specific problems you had in the period of that log - or are you saying that all three you mentioned are demonstrated?

Problems with subtitles and remaining play time occurred in the period of the log.

45 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

That log is stuffed full of ffprobe errors which read to me (I don't know the code, though) like something in the code is corrupt or the wrong version.  I would want that cleaned up before judging anything else.  

Ok, do you have a suggestion on how?

I download from here:

https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/latest

I've had the issues for a while since 4.7 I think

pwhodges

Someone who knows Linux is probably a better bet than me.

But:

/media/sdl1/nobody/opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe: /media/sdl1/nobody/opt/emby-server/lib/libmfx.so.1: no version information available (required by /media/sdl1/nobody/opt/emby-server/lib/libavfilter.so.8)

looks like a build error to me.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

HI, if you're on 4.6 then I would install emby Server 4.7.14.

There is also the 4.8 beta, but that now requires android 9+ in order to run the server.

6 hours ago, mfemby said:

On latest version 4.7.14 I have these issues:

1. Playback error on some movies, others are ok.

2. Subtitles are not shown on any movies. Cannot select subtitles.

3. When pausing a movie the remaining time is not saved, and the movie is just marked as played.

I have tried to solve the issues by uninstall and reinstall Emby with latest version but with no luck.

Reverted to version 4.6.7 and I no longer have these issues. 

The Emby Server is running on Debian GNU/Linux 9.13

Hi @Luke

Please see my prior message here.

I already reverted to emby server 4.6.7, and it works without issues 👍

It's however the latest android Emby app that won't let me access the server. I can access the server on the web player, but then I am not able to use Chromecast. Therefore where can i download android app apk for previous app version that is compatible with the Emby server version 4.6.7

I found and downloaded an Emby for android apk version 3.2.26 from apk mirror, that doesn't block the emby server version 4.6.7. All good now and no issues.

• Thanks 1