No files in library - new install

BMan1

So I installed kodi nexus v20

Installed emby server and set up a movie and TV show library.  They have been created and I can see and access them fine on the emby server running on the same pc as the kodi install.

I installed emby for kodi next gen in kodi

Connected to my emby server and logged in but no media sources have been setup for movie or TV shows. 

I tried opening the add on and going to sync, libraries, add library and selecting movie and TV shows (they are shown here) but nothing still happens. 

I have noticed Pictures added source locations even though I don't have a picture library but movie and TV shows show

"your library is currently empty.

Populate it by files section, add media source and configure it."

When I open file section it  shows the below

mixed content (movies)

Mixed content (TV shows)

Emby:favourite movies

Emby:favourite shows

Emby:favourite Episodes

Files

Play lists

Video add-ons

But all are empty

Edited by BMan1
More detail

quickmic
7 hours ago, BMan1 said:

So I installed kodi nexus v20

Installed emby server and set up a movie and TV show library.  They have been created and I can see and access them fine on the emby server running on the same pc as the kodi install.

I installed emby for kodi next gen in kodi

Connected to my emby server and logged in but no media sources have been setup for movie or TV shows. 

I tried opening the add on and going to sync, libraries, add library and selecting movie and TV shows (they are shown here) but nothing still happens. 

I have noticed Pictures added source locations even though I don't have a picture library but movie and TV shows show

"your library is currently empty.

Populate it by files section, add media source and configure it."

When I open file section it  shows the below

mixed content (movies)

Mixed content (TV shows)

Emby:favourite movies

Emby:favourite shows

Emby:favourite Episodes

Files

Play lists

Video add-ons

But all are empty

May your user don't have permissions to access the libraries. Anyway, I need a kodi.log for review.

I ended up rebooting kodi and the media sources were there but still wouldn't work as path was invalid,🤷‍♂️ and everything kept freezing.

I ended up deleting the kodi install and removing all userdata

Installing it again, adding the beta repository instead of the stable and it all worked fine.  Not sure if the kodi install had something wrong or the stable version repository didn't play well with the 20.2v of kodi 🤷‍♂️

Works now 👌

• Like 1