Todays apps in the 80's

shaefurr

shaefurr

Such a flashback to the older DOS days and dialing in the bulletin boards. Makes me want to play Legend of the Red Dragon.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-would-google-twitter-spotify-instagram-skype-have-looked-like-in-the-80s/?utm_source=c1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=305fijifrost

google-1980s-970x0.jpg?ver=2

• Like 1

shaefurr

I used to play LoRD and Land of Devastation all the time. Good old days. It's still running on the web just under the Green dragon name. Legend of the Green Dragon

Abit unrelated but if you still desire text based games Zork I-III are free on the infocom site

Edited by shaefurr

Cheesegeezer

What a great find!!!! That's fricken quality!!! i forget about all the noises that were made when anything loaded up.

I remember the sound of a 5 1/4" floppy spinning in an Olivetti 286, at the time it was normal but if you heard it in todays technology you would think there was a hamster in there with a sledge hammer.

shaefurr

haha,I used to run a BBS with LoRD and (can't remember the name but it was a space galaxy trading game)

Was it Trade Wars?

shaefurr

lol, thats win, I really loved Beyond Zork, that one was my favorite. Return to Zork with graphics however.. omg. Want some Rye? Course ya do!!

[Youtube]

[/Youtube]
  • Like 1

Once Zork tried to go beyond text, it was all downhill.

That thing was amazing in 1983 though...

Where do we get those t-shirts?

shaefurr

I'm continuing to zork it up on my phone with the frotz.net app. So awesome

Sent from my lumia icon