Problems streaming from Zidoo to Fire Stick

RobH82
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

This is my first post to try and solve a streaming issue. I think Emby is the right software for what I need but am trying to get the trial to work properly before I commit to buy.

I have an Android Zidoo Z10 Pro with 50-60GB BD Remux files on an internal HDD. It works perfectly when connected to the TV via HDMI. I want to stream to 4K Fire Stick Max client within my home network. I have installed Emby Server on the Zidoo and Emby for Fire Stick on the stick.

When playing via Emby I get maybe 8 minutes of good streaming at over 50mbps before it starts sticking. Odd thing is once it starts sticking it sticks a lot. Stats for nerds confirms Direct Play at 50.87Mbps. 

The Zidoo server is wired via Cat 5e ethernet to a WiFi 6 AX3000 router and my Fire Stick is around 10 feet away for testing purposes before I move it to its correct location. Strong 5Ghz signal getting up to around 300mbps on the Fire Stick’s own internet speedtest. Router diagnostics shows the LAN port running at Gigabit. 

In theory I should have absolutely no issues streaming this movie to my fire stick. I’ve ruled out any issues with the Zidoo by linking it directly to my TV via HDMI and the movie runs perfectly. I live alone and can confirm no other devices on my network are using a significant amount of bandwidth.

I figured I would try iperf to diagnose any network issues. Trouble is that it’s acting really weird. I’ve got the Zidoo as the iperf server and the Fire Stick as client. Tried running iperf 2 and 3, UDP and TCP, 10 parallel streams and am not even getting 100Mbits/sec. Thats ridiculously slow. I’ve tried unplugging the Zidoo from the router and using WiFi instead. Also tried iperf on my laptop as a client and getting same results 

I’m at a loss really and would be most grateful for any advice you can give. Emby log is attached.

Thanks

Rob

embyserver (1).txt

Hey Luke, thanks for the reply. Sorry but I should have said I tried side loading the standard Android app but I only get a minute of play time on the trial so not long enough to compare unfortunately 

Just tried the side load app and FYI it hangs for several seconds on the WB logo at the start.

It then runs smoothly for the other 50 seconds until the trial cuts to

Thanks, but kinda thought I would get more help after buying it, not less? No further suggestions? Is the software simply not designed to stream BD Remux?

Hi. Bought an Ethernet adapter for the Fire Stick to rule out any WiFi network issues and it’s still the same. Would appreciate any further advice 

• Solution
On 12/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, RobH82 said:

Is the software simply not designed to stream BD Remux?

On 12/20/2023 at 3:31 PM, RobH82 said:

Tried running iperf 2 and 3, UDP and TCP, 10 parallel streams and am not even getting 100Mbits/sec.

Hi.  Our software is designed to support high bitrate content but it would appear the hardware you are trying to run it on is not. 

Thanks ebr I think you have solved the issue. Just delved into the device specs and max bitrate for H265 is 35Mbps

Thanks for your help 

• Thanks 1