Disk migration data path

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Due to a disk migration I am going to change the path of the disks and directories.

Each movie is ordered in the directory where the movie is located, cover, backdrops, nfo file..... I see that the nfo file has the path data for all those files. So that Emby Server does not do a complete refresh of all that data, is there a way to take advantage of that data that already exists without having to do so much refresh?

I remember the last time I made a full refresh it took over 3 weeks.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Teddy said:

Each movie is ordered in the directory where the movie is located, cover, backdrops, nfo file

5 minutes ago, Teddy said:

So that Emby Server does not do a complete refresh of all that data, is there a way to take advantage of that data that already exists without having to do so much refresh?

If you have all nfos/artwork stored next to media, just disable all online meta-providers/image fetchers in your libraries (or better yet kill server machine's internet connectivity altogether), it'll speed-up initial scan considerably and you'll be sure only the available metadata/artwork is ingested. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Thanks for your answer, but I can do that the first time by disconnecting the Internet, I imagine it won't modify anything, but what will happen with the next scan with all meta-providers/image fetchers active?

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Teddy said:

but what will happen with the next scan with all meta-providers/image fetchers active?

Nothing, unless you intentionally Refresh Metadata, on regular scans eveything'll remain exactly the same. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Do you mean that the scheduled program updates of "Scan Metadata Folder", "Scan media library" and "Thumbnail image extraction" will not affect and will only affect if I manually do a Refresh Metadata of the library? If so, it would be perfect.

• Solution
GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Teddy said:

"Scan Metadata Folder"

As task description text states, unless you manually make changes to/modify server's internal metadata folder, you actually don't ever have to run that task. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy said:

"Scan media library"

Unless your have Automatically reftesh metadata library option set to selected interval (30-60-90 days), regular library scans will not affect your metadata/artwork, just look for new and/or changed content. 

6 minutes ago, Teddy said:

"Thumbnail image extraction"

Is used only for Video preview thumbnails (Chapter thumbs/10-second bifs (visual aid while seeking)), had no relation to your media artwork (posters, backdrops, thumbs etc.).

8 minutes ago, Teddy said:

and will only affect if I manually do a Refresh Metadata of the library?

Yes, unless Auto-refresh metadata library option enabled, as said.