Emby Server on Truenas Scale / Client on Nvidia Shield

bacardi8

bacardi8

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the on-screen display when playing a music album.

If i start playing an album the screen shows the backdrop (artist from library) and the front cover of the album, which is same for all songs. Thats nice like that.

Then after 60 sec. of playing the screen changes to still have the backdrop and now only the name of the song playing with a big cover of the album in the middle of the screen.

This is also nice, but is it possible to move that front cover away from the middle of the screen, and also change the size of it...??

I think it is a little sad with that big cover in the middle of the screen due to that it is actually destroying your backdrop.

I didnt use emby so much the latest time, but i started again now from a new server, so maybe there is something in the settings that I could try out regarding that.

Cheers

bacardi8

Hi Luke,

This is a bit different, with more options, but also it seams to be a kind of unstable/strange behavior. (I sideloaded the Arm64, Im on Shield Pro)

with that I mean, it does not react same if you switch songs or albums, it shows different every time you skip or switch the display layout.

If just choose an album to play, it starts with background, album cover and all songs down the line, if you just push play it just stays on that page, or sometimes switches to

a different view. If I use the bottom down in the right corner to change the view it shows like im asking for, means album cover to the left and full background is visible,

but then the skip to next song bottom is missing, if I then switch the view again then play, stop, skip bottoms are back, but now a row of big album covers for each song 

is directly in the middle of the screen.

If jumping out and choose a different album then same scenarios shows again, sometimes in the opposite way as mentioned above.

I will have to play more around with it, but behavior is very strange so far. Maybe I should try to delete app and reinstall it.....restart shield after that and try again.

bacardi8

Now I tried to reinstall, clean cache, play around with the things, etc.

So far I must say that this app is not controllable for me, I'm not in charge of its behavior, I cannot reproduce the behavior.

Just by switching album the behavior changes.....from showing correct but with missing bottoms,

to showing bottoms but with the cover back again in big size in the middle of the screen/backdrop.

Should I try a different version by sideloading you think...or what would you suggest me to try as next..??

Cheers

with that I mean, it does not react same if you switch songs or albums, it shows different every time you skip or switch the display layout.

hi, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
bacardi8

Hi Luke,

Happy New Year

I did not do anything further since my last post, due to Christmas and new year.

I will give feedback as soon as I'm able to continue working with it.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
bacardi8

Hi Luke,

After a while I'm back again, and also back trying the above mentioned things out again.

Still same setup, means Emby Server on Truenas Scale, Emby client on Nvidia Shield Pro.

Server version is 4.8.3.0, Client is Emby for android tv. So lets start with that and also with my first question regarding background and album cover when playing music.

If I choose an album and just play it, the view looks like the picture "start of playing"

after around 1 minute of playing the view automatically change to the picture "playing after 60 sec."

If you use the remote to skip to next song same scenario goes again, which is amazing and also functioning great.

My question here is/was, is it possible to move that front cover away from the middle of the screen, and also change the size of it...?? (picture playing after 60 sec.)

Maybe resize it and move it down in the left corner, etc.

I think it is a little sad with that big cover in the middle of the screen due to that it is actually destroying your backdrop.

BR

Start of Playing.jpg

Playing after 60 sec..jpg

There’s no option for  that at this time but this question has come up before and some kind of option is possible for future updates. Thanks.