Music played/unplayed

Cluttered

Cluttered

I have a list of episodes of an audio program that I like to listen to in random order (The Unbelievable Truth), I managed to use the smart playlist add on to show me unplayed episodes in random order, so far so good. I've now listened to them all and want to start again, on iTunes I would just say 'list all items with a playcount less than X' or 'last played date < X'. Emby doesn't seem capable of either of these and the smart playlist plugin doesn't seem to do it either, the smart playlist is empty if I try either of those.

So, I thought no problem, I'll just mark them all unplayed and then have a playlist for that. But music doesn't seem to have any option to set it as played/unplayed. Which seems like quite a major omission. Am I missing it, is it possible, and if not, why on earth not?

I think it was mentioned that the next version will have smart playlists, a pretty important feature, but when is the next version going to be available? I am on a Mac, I have seen a beta version for windows but if I follow the beta links shown for mac it just downloads the latest normal version.

It seems great for video content but audio content is very much the poor relation.

Cluttered

I managed to get the smart playlist working, well, I changed the existing playlist, re-ran the scheduled job and the list was empty no matter what I did. Then I created a NEW smart playlist with exactly the same criteria, ran the scheduled job and it works fine(!). All a bit of a faff but it worked.

Still like to know if I am missing how to set music as played/unplayed though.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 10.37.56.png

Still like to know if I am missing how to set music as played/unplayed though

Hi, for this you have to use the audiobooks content type when setting up the library.