Emby for Kodi Next Gen does not install

manrus

Hello. For a few days/weeks the Emby Next Gen addon that I have installed on Kodi has stopped working. Until now I had it installed on a Qnap NAS on Kodi 19 and it worked without any problems. Suddenly it started giving the error that it stopped working. Consequently, I have tried a multitude of solutions: updating to kodi 20, updating the Emby server to version 4.7.14.0, I have reinstalled Emby Next Gen in versions 6.x.x, 7.x.x., 8.x.x. and 9.x.x. and every time I get the same result "Cannot install. Please check the registry." Can anyone give me any clues as to what may be happening? By the way, I also had it installed on several televisions with Android devices such as Chromecast and it has also stopped working on all of them...

quickmic
7 hours ago, manrus said:
Hello. For a few days/weeks the Emby Next Gen addon that I have installed on Kodi has stopped working. Until now I had it installed on a Qnap NAS on Kodi 19 and it worked without any problems. Suddenly it started giving the error that it stopped working. Consequently, I have tried a multitude of solutions: updating to kodi 20, updating the Emby server to version 4.7.14.0, I have reinstalled Emby Next Gen in versions 6.x.x, 7.x.x., 8.x.x. and 9.x.x. and every time I get the same result "Cannot install. Please check the registry." Can anyone give me any clues as to what may be happening? By the way, I also had it installed on several televisions with Android devices such as Chromecast and it has also stopped working on all of them...

"Cannot install. Please check the registry." is a Kodi error message?

Please upload a kodi.log and I'll have a look.

quickmic

@Luke

Can you please check the embyserver log -> some portmapper issues.

Probably not critical, only UPNP

@manrusI need the "kodi.log" in located in Kodi's "temp" folder

Edited by quickmic

Hello. I'm very sorry for the way I sent you the kodi.log but I can't download the file from Kodi. Hope this can help you. I have obtained the logs of the last attempt with the usual error.

Kodi log.docx

quickmic
7 hours ago, manrus said:

Hello. I'm very sorry for the way I sent you the kodi.log but I can't download the file from Kodi. Hope this can help you. I have obtained the logs of the last attempt with the usual error.

Kodi log.docx 6 MB · 0 downloads

Seems your Kodi installation is broken, a core dependency is missing. The next-gen plugin is actually fine.

The easiest way to fix it is by uninstall Kodi completely. Not just reinstall and keep settings. Uninstall Kodi and delete (maybe backup before delete) the "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/*" folder.

btw, the full kodi.log should be located in "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

Hello. Thanks for your help. I'll be gone for a few days. When I get back I will do what you suggest. In any case, in the other installations that I have done on Chromecast TV, although it has not been reported that Emby has stopped working, what has happened is that it has stopped updating the database and I have observed that since the update to the latest version of Emby, can you think of why that might be? Thank you so much.

• Like 1

Hello, quickmic. I have already returned from my trip and have contacted your instructions. After completely removing kodi20, I reinstalled it and I still have the same error. You had asked me for the "log" file but I can't find it in the path you indicated. I attach the screen of what I have in my installation. Where can this be?Thank you

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-26 103221.png

quickmic
33 minutes ago, manrus said:

Hello, quickmic. I have already returned from my trip and have contacted your instructions. After completely removing kodi20, I reinstalled it and I still have the same error. You had asked me for the "log" file but I can't find it in the path you indicated. I attach the screen of what I have in my installation. Where can this be?Thank you

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-26 103221.png

The use one of the log file upload plugins.

e.g.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader

quickmic

Yep and the problem is "future feature annotations is not defined"

Try to upgrade python if possible.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366351&page=5

This is definitely not a plugin issue and what I see is a major dependency issue with the python request library/future library.

Probably open a thread in Kodi forum as well for additional support.

Thanks for your help. I've looked for a Python3 update for QNAP and haven't found one. I have uninstalled the current version of Python which is 3.10.4.1 and I have reinstalled it and it has not been fixed. I have also tested installing v.2.7.12.1.2 with the same result. If you find a solution in the future, I would appreciate it if you could tell me so I can implement it too. In the meantime I will stop using kodi on my NAS.

Hello. I'm sorry to tell you that I have tried to install version 21 but since I do not have much computer knowledge, it has been impossible for me to download that version and install it. I will continue investigating but with little guarantee of success.

• 4 weeks later...
goob614

I had the same issue using emby-for-kodi-next-gen with Kodi 20 in HD Station on QNAP NAS.  This isn't a plugin issue, its a Python issue.  I tried updating Python for HD Station portion of QNAP, but it doesn't seem to work because supposedly Kodi will get the path for Python during install time, so likely set in stone when they rolled the .qpkg for install.

Long story short, you can go into Addons in Kodi and look at dependencies for emby-for-kodi-next-gen.  At the bottom of the list you'll find urllib3, set it to not auto-update.  Grab an older version of the urllib3 from the link below and install it from zip file through the Kodi Addons menu.  After a restart of Kodi, you should be back in business.

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/nexus/script.module.urllib3/script.module.urllib3-1.26.16+matrix.1.zip

• Like 1