Dolby Atmos Media Info

Excalibur

Excalibur

Hello,

Is it possible to detect Dolby Atmos tracks in a mkv file and maybe display a according Dolby Atmos logo in the Media Info?

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
julianb

This might be a good topic to revisit when there is time since we now have media info-based audio codec intros.

I Agree. Right now I have to manually TAG all my movies with DTS:X and Atmos.. Would be much smoother if it would work like it does with ac3, turehd and dts + dts-hd ma. (autodetect codec)

julianb

What problem is this creating? The media info you see is what we get from ffmpeg

It's not really a problem, but for those of us that use the Cinema Mode with audio codec intros, it will only play DTS-HD MA and TRUE HD intro logos, and never DTS:X and Atmos, because Emby only detect the stream, and not the metadata inside.

So my solution for this is to "tag" all my Atmos and DTS:X movies, so they play their audio format logo right.

Would be nice to see which movie that has DTS:X and Atmos without looking at my blu-ray boxes or search it up. and automaticly get the right audio intro in Cinema Mode.

I don't know if ffmpeg is capable of reading the metadata inside the DTS HD-MA vs TRUEHD, but the receiver does, so it has to be a way to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

I see what you mean. There's no differentiation between TrueHD and Atmos. That would be a cool thing.

Edited by Doofus