Movies play from the beginning rather than the current time in the EPG

VicMoore

VicMoore

when playing movies in the VirtualTVexample code, they always start at the beginning of the movie rather than at the current time marker in the EPG.  How do I tell it to start at the current time?

Vic

HI, there is currently no way, but if you get this released to  users, and there's enough people excited about it, then we'll commit to doing the work to help it improve further.

VicMoore

@Luke - I plan to send you an early code drop next week to get your opinion on the GUI. I have kept the flow as you directed.  I think you will like it. If not then I will change it. I would like to get the code out to others in a couple of weeks. Everything is working now. I just need to tune things.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

@LukeAttached below is a short video of the JS GUI that I added to your virtualTvExample code.  I didn't use the built in Emby buttons and input fields because I don't yet know how to code with them.  I am interested in knowing if I kept with the flow you had in mind and if the functionality is what you expected.   I still have much to add.  For example, I want the rules to be much more versatile.  Have a nice Christmas.

Vic

I guess I would need to see code to answer that. I think for now in terms of standardization ,using the settings model that I gave you is more important than the emby input fields.

VicMoore

@Luke what do you mean by the "Settings Model?"  I have a few thing to clear up in the code. I can send it to you tonight or tomorrow, which ever is your preference.  Am I on the right track?

Vic

VicMoore

OK, yes I stayed within the rules that you set.   I got the "getPluginConfiguration" to work and I use it to save the plugins state.  I send data to the tuner platform as you stubbed out in the example. That taught me a lot about the tuner and it works great.

Vic

Right what I'm saying is you don't need plugin configuration at all. The tuner can hold all the settings you need.

VicMoore

I didn't know that the tuner could be used that way. I see the value and can change without much work.

Vic

I will be uploading the code in 15 minutes.

OK, the main thing is the PluginConfiguration class can be deleted, and you can put custom config properties in the tuner data, for example:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Tvheadend/blob/master/TVHeadEnd/web/tvheadend.js#L31

Just search that project for HTSP_Port to find all uses of it. It will need to be primitive data, e.g. key value pairs, but that's what I would suggest.

VicMoore

@Luke, I will start immediately.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

@luke - one last question.  I can assign media to a channel by collecting ids, or I can just tag the media and use a query statement in the tuner to gather all of the media for the channel. Afterwards, I would remove all of the tags. Which philosophy best agrees with the goals of the Emby architecture?

Vic 

2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@luke - one last question.  I can assign media to a channel by collecting ids, or I can just tag the media and use a query statement in the tuner to gather all of the media for the channel. Afterwards, I would remove all of the tags. Which philosophy best agrees with the goals of the Emby architecture?

Vic 

No, just use the query example and alter it as needed with whatever filters you need:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/VirtualTVExample/blob/master/VirtualTVExample/VirtualTVTuner.cs#L448

Do not make any edits to database items. Do not make any edits to the user's database. Not only will they not like that, but it's bound to come with all kinds of consequences.