[Inquiry] Webclient play to devices

Angelblue05
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Angelblue05

I'm having difficulty sending content to play to my XBMB3C using the Webclient. Any other types of client works just fine. What exactly is missing to get this feature working? Is something not being communicated to the server? I thought maybe it had to do with Sessions/Capabilities/PlayableMediaTypes. Please help me by pointing me in the right direction to narrow down why I can't use the "Webclient Play To" feature.

In MBS server log, I get the following error when I try to play content to XBMB3C:

2014-11-01 10:45:53.6767 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	XBMC is unable to play the requested media type.
	System.ArgumentException
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendPlayCommand(String controllingSessionId, String sessionId, PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Session.SessionsService.Post(Play request)
	   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
	   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<CreateExecFn>b__5(Object service, Object request)
	   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2014-11-01 10:45:53.6767 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Sessions/62b7ef886eb14c1ebb4baba7ba26548c/Playing?ItemIds=ab6b2be78174757157c31e90a3637eb8&PlayCommand=PlayNow
	XBMC is unable to play the requested media type.
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution

Yes, that error would indicate that the target system is reporting it cannot play the type of item you are attempting.  Or, rather, it is NOT reporting that it can.

• Like 1