Tizen app freezed and pixelated when starting a new LiveTV stream

tattler

tattler

Hi, when starting a new IPTV stream, the Tizen app will freeze and get pixelated for a few seconds (approx. 3 sec) before playing further. When I test this on the tablet and mobile app, they don't exhibit the same behaviour. I wonder if this is due to "some defects" in the Samsung Tizen media player or the Tizen Emby app.

I feed Emby's LiveTV from tvheadend and I tried with pass and custom stream profile. Either will freeze and pixelate the Tizen app when starting. I have a 2019 Samsung TV.

tattler

Hi Luke, I have attached the server log from Emby here. The playback also suffers from audio out of sync but plays back normal on tablet and mobile app.

Unfortunately there is no client app log available from the Tizen app. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

@tattlerare you still having an issue with this? Looks like the Emby Samsung app is direct playing the Live TV. As a test, if you lower the in-app quality setting to force a full transcode, how does that compare? Just make sure to set that back to Auto after you're done to avoid disrupting over kinds of playback. Thanks. !

tattler

Hi @Lukethe issue was caused by my custom ffmpeg transcode processing for the stream profile in tvheadend. The issue began when I converted the audio of all stream to ac3 (AAC sounds really awful) and kept the video intact (copy). This setting did not play nice with some TS streams, especially 1080i content and audio started to get out of sync. After ffmpeg converted the video to h264 and audio to ac3 everything plays fine now.

But the freezing and pixelated video still happen. I am planning to connect my Nvidia Shield to the TV. I am tired of Samsung TV's limited capabilities.

And.... Thanks for coming back. It is Christmas! Merry Christmas! 😉

Edited by tattler
  • Thanks 1