Emby container in docker on Kali Linux doesn't scan Library

POKAC
Go to solution Solved by POKAC,

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck and can't find any information online.

I'm using Emby container 2.1 running inside Docker version 20.10.25+dfsg1, build b82b9f3 on Linux kali 6.5.0-kali3-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.5.6-1kali1 (2023-10-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I installed embyserver using docker-compose (file attached) and the problem is that it doesn't scan the library... in the beginning, I thought it was a problem with the user permissions but even after adjusting that the result was the same.

Afterwards, I executed docker inspect emby (file attached) and found that the line user has no user defined ( User "" ) after creating container file /etc/passwd has no user emby or embyserver either.

I tried to edit config file at /var/lib/docker/containers/facb9b640837c5d5165d4b883729ab76f8b0c554d59b71a133765cad940bdf01/config.v2.json but with no success, the container starts with no user defined.

I can't find anywhere information on that if someone had a similar problem please respond.

Thanks

docker-compose.yml.txt docker--inspect-emby.txt

Q-Droid

Have you connected to your Emby server dashboard and added the libraries and library paths? There is no indication in the log of you having libraries configured. I think the first time wizard should have guided you through adding libraries but you can still do that from the server dashboard.

I think because container does not create emby or emyserver user at least I can't find it in /etc/passwd file if you know more then me then please share your thoughts

But again, can you please describe the problem? Why do you think it's not scanning? Did you create any libraries in Emby library setup?