Sort/Filter/Group in Collections

jashwa

Collections right now have no view options and are fairly limited in how the items within them could be presented. It seems to be presented more like a playlist that is always ordered by release date than as a mini-library which is how I look at them (and I assume others but could be wrong).

First and foremost the ability to sort and filter would be great. Thinking that instead of the options presented in the example at the end of this post, it would look more like the library page for the primary type of the library.

image.png.86517de65c107d00c9990d09ceb907de.png

The other thing that I think would be super useful given the flexibility of what can be added to a collection is Group by Library, basically the inverse of Group by Collection on the library page. In the example I included, there are items from 3 libraries, books, movies, and audiobooks. This can be very confusing when deciding what to open, especially when there may be an audiobook, book, and movie all with the same name in some cases (such as Dune). Not that you're asking, but if you were, my suggestion for how this would appear visually when enabled would be separate rows for each library much like the Recently added sections on Home.

image.thumb.png.f4d8cad0b12d0def262ba14e3f0fe013.png

image.thumb.png.e11b97971d976b1eded3fa0e29f9b4ef.png

MBSki
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, sorting the contents of a collection has been added in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

There's a sort, but I don't see a filter within the collection. 

Fantastic to hear! Should I update the post to only be filter and group or would it be best to split those out into separate FR posts?

MBSki

Group by item type in collections is also #49 on this list to make the standard Android app as good as the Android TV app.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, you can update this post. Thanks.

Ah. It doesn't look like I can. Hopefully folks will still find this topic useful for discussing this as an option after the release of 4.8. 😀

19 hours ago, MBSki said:

Group by item type in collections is also #49 on this list to make the standard Android app as good as the Android TV app.

Glad to see other folks want similar functionality! Going to keep this one open as in some use cases (mine as an example), I have multiple libraries of the same media kind serving different purposes that should still be represented on collections. 

• Like 1