Live playback failing - Portmapper errors

Ian_King
Go to solution Solved by Ian_King,

Ian_King

Hi Guys,

Suddenly my Emby server is failing to record.

I checked Live Play and I get the 'no compatible streams are currently available' error, which explains why.

The log file shows an 'opening live stream' error and an 'error creating port map'.

Drilling down in the log I see 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (192.168.1.1:49153)'

I assume this is saying my router is blocking the port 49153 which is odd as why would it suddenly start doing this? I added a port forwarding rule for TCP 49153 for my Emby server (192.168.1.30) then it complained about port 49152. The error still occurs though.

The only change I can recall making a few weeks ago was adding port forwarding for 8920 and 8096 to allow remote access to my server.

I am sure this is something quite simple to fix?

I am running Windows 11 Pro, time of log is UTC and the Emby server name is 'Ian'.

Regards,

Ian

embyserver (3).txt

Ian_King

Hi Luke,

Will do.

To update to beta 4.8, do I simply replace the files in the existing System folder on my Emby server with the extracted 4.8 files after doing the usual backup?

Regards,

Ian

Ian_King

Hi Luke,

The beta upgrade was installed successfully, but I did have to rebuild two libraries which were located on a network drive. For some reason Emby did not recognise the original mapped network drives.

Unfortunately though, after the install, the original issue of no compatible media streams persists.

As far as I can see the last recorded movie was on 26/11/2023 but I cannot see any updates been made to the server until the Tvdb 1.4.2 was installed on 10/12, and no other changes have been made to the server.

Any further thoughts?

Regards,

Ian

embyserver (4).txt

Can you try running the refresh guide scheduled task and then see if you can play after that? Are you able to play using the hauppauge wintv application?

• Solution
Ian_King

One of those suggested things to check identified the problem. The tuner had stopped working. Should have checked that first!

Downloaded new WinTV software and drivers an the tuner started working again!

Thanks very much for your help.

• Thanks 1