MBC Update Problems

elshagon

elshagon

I had an MBC update this morning and when installing it just disappeared without fully installing.  I tried downloading and installing from the website, same issue.  I was able to finally install it and here was the problem:  I don't use a MBC shortcut on my desktop, I only have it pinned to the taskbar along with the shortcut placed elsewhere.  When I put a shortcut on my desktop and then try installing the update it then installs.  Is this how it's supposed to be?  You must keep the shortcut on the desktop or it won't upgrade?  I like keeping my desktop free of all icons.  I had the same issue on my other htpc as well.

No, it shouldn't be that way.  Can I please see the log from one of the failed installs.  It will be in %appdata%\mediabrowser-InstallLogs

elshagon

Just looked and I only see the one install log from the one which was successful.  Is there supposed to be logs from the unsuccessful attempts?  

No, we only keep the last one.  If you don't mind, make it fail again and post the logs.  Thanks.

elshagon

Here's the log from my other HTPC which has the same type of setup and had the same problem updating:

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Classic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBClassic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Found 1 versions.  Will choose latest one of Dev class
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0.83.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Classic version 3.0.83.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Successfully downloaded version 3.0.83.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Archive is MSI installer C:\Users\Q\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Calling msi install
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error shutting down - InvalidOperationException - Cannot set Visibility to Visible or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle while a Window is closing.
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to start program C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installation complete

elshagon

It didn't install and it was the only log in the folder.  As with the other pc the update would only install once I placed an MBC shortcut on my desktop.  After doing that the update installed without any problems.  I use no shortcuts to apps on my desktop screens for my htpc's but rather pin them to the taskbar so I can open the app with my remote control.