"forbidden" after upgrade

n3farious
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

n3farious

I performed an upgrade of the docker containter and all web access resulted in a "forbidden" page.

After googling around I managed to find that editing the system.xml and changing this value from false to true, allowed me back in

<EnableRemoteAccess>true</EnableRemoteAccess>

Given my configuration below, why the restriction? I would prefer to have remote disabled.

I'm on the LAN (192.168.1.26). This is Windows 11 and IPv6 is enabled if that matters. Forbidden occurs if I access via IP or my nas_hostname.local:8096.

2023-12-14 14:36:01.389 Info App: Application version: 4.7.14.0
2023-12-12 00:00:01.120 Info App: Application version: 4.7.11.0

Settings:
---------
LAN Networks:
192.168.1.0/24, 172.17.0.0/24

Local IP address:

DSM 7.2.1-69057 (been running on 7.2 for quite a while)

Hi, you’ve probably configured your network options in such a way that it caused the server to think that your incoming connection was remote.

n3farious
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, you’ve probably configured your network options in such a way that it caused the server to think that your incoming connection was remote.

Could you be more specific please? As noted above, the LAN networks setting within Emby include both the real network subnet and the docker internal subnet. I tried to provide all relevant information. Let me know if something more is needed.

• Solution

The answer to this is specific to your environment.

But to track it you’ll need to allow it , then start playing something and in the server now playing section you’ll be able to see the client ip address. 

that should help you determine how to reconfigure the options.

• Like 1

n3farious

Thanks Luke. This troubleshooting approach helped me identify another docker network that I guess was missed or added during the upgrade. Adding it to the "LAN networks" allowed me to deny remote again. Appreciate your support and Happy Holidays.

• Thanks 1