Do Pre-padding & Post-padding Settings Still Work?

Dublus

I'm asking this because several months ago my server started ignoring these settings. I couldn't see any reason why and was able to get around it by scheduling a recording just before or after the original recording instead.

I'm a pretty patient person but now, several months later, it's starting to get annoying so yesterday I started snooping around in the Emby directories and in timer.json, for each recording, there is a "IsPostPaddingRequired":false setting. I found the Lakers game entry for last night and changed it to "IsPostPaddingRequired":true and when the recording was done it had recorded the extra 45 minutes as it was supposed to.

I've looked high and low in the settings and in the forum and haven't found any way to 'tell' the server to honor those settings (thereby changing the 'false' to a 'true' in the json file).

Am I missing something?

Hi, the options work just fine. I think what you did and observed is coincidental because IsPostPaddingRequired is not used for anything yet. Nothing ever checks this value. It's a placeholder for future features.

So based on that I would say let's look at an example:

Thanks.

I think that might be what I needed to know. I think it coincidentally did work because I have a different IPTV provider now and it's the first time since switching that I put any values in the padding settings (since it never worked before I got out of the habit of using them).

If I'm wrong about that I'll get the log and whatnot to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1