Emby conversion failed

Orionas21

Orionas21

Hi team,

I tried yesterday to convert a movie but the conversion after 11 hours failed...

Attached are also the logs from server and ffmpeg.

It seems that it is calling the h246_mediacodecndk for the conversion and while it is started successfully when it reaches at the end it fails with:

[h264_mediacodecndk @ 0xf4e29700] NdkEnc: Cannot get input pixdesc!

Below my transcoding configuration:

image.png.6a85c2d793a99e0dd6b5d41b8103cd64.png

emby_trans_log.txt emby_server_log.txt

Orionas21
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares?

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will try it within this weekend and report back to you.

• Thanks 1

Orionas21

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately it is failing now instantly with the below error:

WARNING: linker: /data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg: unused DT entry: type 0x1d arg 0x14b9
WARNING: linker: /data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg: unsupported flags DT_FLAGS_1=0x8000001
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: library "libcamera2ndk.so" not found

2023-12-20 12:27:36.464 Info FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters' Execute: /data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters
2023-12-20 12:27:36.510 Info FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters' Process exited with code 1 - Failed
2023-12-20 12:27:36.510 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters' Output:

2023-12-20 12:27:36.510 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters' Error Output:
	WARNING: linker: /data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg: unused DT entry: type 0x1d arg 0x14b9
	WARNING: linker: /data/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg: unsupported flags DT_FLAGS_1=0x8000001
	CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: library "libcamera2ndk.so" not found

attached also the logs.

emby_server_log_20122023.txt emby_trans_log_20122023.txt

Orionas21

No unfortunately. 

The support for this device has stopped 2 years ago. So I have the last version of it.

Also Realtek chip is out of support for updated drivers. 

I will search a workaround to download the missing library but do you have anything else to suggest?

I'm sorry I should have checked your android version before asking you to install the beta. I apologize. We have bumped up our targeting for android 9 and up.

Orionas21

Ok i have uninstall the beta and install the previous one 4.7.14.0.

I'm now restoring my server from backup. I had some issues though with that, but managed to overcome them.

So the new releases of Emby server for Android will be from Android 9 and up.

I was thinking of change my server as i also have some issues in the hdmi (some times the HDR is not working). I was thinking to change it to nvidia shield pro or a Gigabyte Brix Pro BSi3-1115G4.

So i kindly ask your opinion on which from the above will be better to run the server(android in Tegra or windows/linux in Core i3-1115G43) for trans-coding up to 2 4k streams with usually 45 Mbps bitrate and EA-C 5.1.2 Atmos audio to 1080p 8 Mbps bitrate with AC3 DD 5.1. I have read many articles about it but i still haven't made up my mind. More specific i want something to be more power efficiency because it will run also as torrent server and it will be running 24/7/365 also for cloud storage and devices backup. I do not prefer NAS because they are very expensive and i have different type of storage for each purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

android in Tegra or windows/linux in Core i3-1115G43

@Orionas21between these two it sounds to me like the windows machine will be more powerful and will perform better.

• Thanks 1

Orionas21

One of my colleagues lend me his laptop with core i5 -1135G7 8G of ram and I was pretty amazed with the transcoding capabilities of this CPU with Xr graphics. 

It managed successfully to transcode 2 4K 65Mbit streams to 1080p 6Mbit and from DAtmos to AC3.

This is pretty much what I need so I'm focusing now to buy a NUC with this CPU or even i7-1165G7 witch is having the same GPU but 96 Cuda rather than 80 of i5.

• Thanks 1