Emby not pulling metadata for a specific show

Lacaillex

Lacaillex

I've been going through and updating the naming for Bleach from episode 1-360~ to season specific episode numbering so that it would stop freaking out and putting things in the wrong folders when I noticed that it's refusing to pull metadata for the episodes. I have them organized Anime --> Bleach --> Season ## then episodes named in the format: Bleach S##E## episode name so that it matches with TVDB and IMDB conventions. I've refreshed, updated, deleted and reuploaded, and not a single episode has metadata. Even when I manually set the metadata to a specific season and episode (because for some reason it isn't pulling it from the file names) it still doesn't retrieve any metadata. It pulls the metadata for the show on the main page, just nothing for the episodes. I have both the anime and anilist plugins. My other anime all pull metadata no problem. Please help me with this problem child, it's driving me crazy. Thanks

pwhodges

As you've named your files using TVDB conventions, you'd be best having TVDB as your top metadata source.  In my experience using the Emby Anime plugin and the sources on it is a recipe for pain.

Paul

Lacaillex

I have all of the metadata fetchers active but have TVDB as my top contributor. I am getting episode metadata for seasons 4, 5, and 6. But none of the rest, and no season metadata for any of them. Every season and episode is named in the same way. I deleted all the nfo etc and refreshed all metadata but no change.

9 minutes ago, Lacaillex said:

I have all of the metadata fetchers active but have TVDB as my top contributor. I am getting episode metadata for seasons 4, 5, and 6. But none of the rest, and no season metadata for any of them. Every season and episode is named in the same way. I deleted all the nfo etc and refreshed all metadata but no change.

Hi there, let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

pwhodges

What is the library type, and what does the directory structure you have used for the show look like?

Paul

Lacaillex
5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

What is the library type, and what does the directory structure you have used for the show look like?

Paul

Library type is set to TV Shows.

Directory structure for the show is Anime --> Bleach --> Season ## with each episode named Bleach S##E## 

pwhodges

Hmm - that should be exactly right.  (BTW, I asked about the library type because in mixed media libraries the directory structure is how Emby distinguishes shows and movies, so there's less flexibility.)

If you remove one season, rescan the library, then readd the season, wait for a bit then download the server log and post it here (complete, as an attachment), that might show Luke what he wants to know.

Paul

• Thanks 1

Lacaillex
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Hmm - that should be exactly right.  (BTW, I asked about the library type because in mixed media libraries the directory structure is how Emby distinguishes shows and movies, so there's less flexibility.)

If you remove one season, rescan the library, then readd the season, wait for a bit then download the server log and post it here (complete, as an attachment), that might show Luke what he wants to know.

Paul

Looks like it still has outdated folder names showing from before I updated everything (E.g. arc name after season number, it's just the season now), even though everything has been deleted and rescanned since. But here's the log that was just added.

embyserver.txt

2 hours ago, Lacaillex said:

Looks like it still has outdated folder names showing from before I updated everything (E.g. arc name after season number, it's just the season now), even though everything has been deleted and rescanned since. But here's the log that was just added.

embyserver.txt 2.41 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, what outdated folder name do you mean?