wrong directory after TOS 5 update

teicang

teicang

Hi, I just update TOS OS from 4 to 5, all works fine, I was be able to restore emby without problem , and without using the backup I have done with the premiere plugin 🙂

But unfortunatelly also if all the cover and collection are there if you try to play any content you got error , I discovered why.

In the old TOS 4 system the directory was /mnt/public/FILM2    instead into the  new TOS 5 the directory become /Volume1/public/FILM2 .

Logically if I delete in the library  the old directory and add the new one, scan again the library , after all works fine, BUT I loose all the customized cover and all the collection 😞

I cannot change simply the old  path , the system didn't allow me.

I also tryed before to delete the old pat just to add the new one, this create a double movies in the folder but not in the collection, so when I delete the old path in the folder view all become ok but in the collection the movies disappear.

Any suggest to avoid to start again from scratch !!!!!! I have more than 1 thousand of movies :-((

(I tryed also to restore a backup done with my premiere account using the backup plugin, but it ddn't works , logically it restored the old WRONG path)

Any suggest 🙂

thx

\Gianni

Hi, that stinks, but you'll have to update Emby library setup. In future updates we'll have a change path function to make this easier.

• 1 month later...
teicang

Hi Luke, any plan to release the possibilities to change the folder position inside the library without start from scratch?

I have some problem about my TNAS and I need to move the directory were I had the movies.... But if I cannnot easily change in the EMBY APP the location, I loose all the customization and need to restart from beginnig to rebuilt all the library 😞 (thousand of movies)

thx

\Gianni

Hi, yea a feature like that is planned for future updates but for today we don’t have that as of yet.