Too many errors giving up shows after cinema intro plays

Rozy636363

Rozy636363

Playing on a Shield Pro from a networked wired Emby server on my desktop.  I have custom intros, saved as mkv and mp4 and I have got them to play before a movie by renaming the intro h264.mkv.

After the intro plays, however, I get a spinning blue 'wait I'm loading wheel' followed by the message Too many errors, giving up and all playback stops.

Any ideas?   On a related note, I tried tags for intros for 4k movies and neither HEVC tag nor h265 work by playing the files HEVC.mp4 or h265.mp4 respectively.  Of course I did put them in the folder designated and used for the intro that is working for h264.

Log attached

ffmpeg-transcode-aaa1a127-a039-4769-8168-b3183d7ee824_1.txt

Edited by Rozy636363
clarity

19 hours ago, Rozy636363 said:

I have reproduced the problem and sent the log from the app.

Thanks

Hi.  Can you please provide the information requested in the instructions?  Thanks.

Rozy636363

1)  I played Incredibles.2.2018.1080p...mkv with cinema intros option enabled.

2)  h264.mkv is an intro in the designated intro folder (Pre movie intros) and it played.

3)  "Too many errors. Giving up" displayed leaving me on the Incredibles info screen.

4)  User Eric Rozzell was logged in on server Huff Puff.

5)  Log was sent at 1327 ET.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Rozy636363 said:

Do I need Premiere to fully enable this?   

Cinema Intros requires Emby Premiere, yes. But if it already played and is having a problem advancing to the next video, then i don't think that's your issue.

Hi.  I think there is another intro or maybe trailer that is trying to play after the one you saw and it is failing after trying three times.  It is hard to be sure because Android compresses the logs so I cannot see far enough back to know how many intro items were queued.

11 minutes ago, Rozy636363 said:

Well I tried deleting all of the files in the intro folder except h264.mkv and it did the same thing.

Did you make sure to run a library scan after doing that?

As a test, can you add that video to an Emby library (home videos would be best) and then see if it plays to completion properly that way?

Rozy636363

I did try that and there was no change.

After more testing, the only combination that played an intro and then the movie was the aac.mkv intro of course associated with a movie encoded with aac audio.

The only other playable file was h264.mkv, but it always returned the error message - Too many errors. Giving up.

Exception -  a movie encoded h264 video and aac audio apparently prioritized the audio and played the intro for aac then the movie with no errors.

hevc/ac3/dts/truehd/eac3 all failed to play, ie the movie just started even with the associated files in the correct folder.

Also, I tagged every movie with a tag of 'trailer', but none played any file named trailer.mp4 or trailer.mkv when they were in the correct folder.

Rozy636363
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please describe exactly what you did? thanks.

Sorry, I was responding to ebr's comment; 

As a test, can you add that video to an Emby library (home videos would be best) and then see if it plays to completion properly that way?

1 hour ago, Rozy636363 said:

and there was no change

What do you mean there was no change?  Did the item play on its own without an error?

Rozy636363

ebr, adding videos to an Emby library did not solve the problem. That is what I meant by 'there was no change'.

After many tries, I have a working process of intro(s) playing, then feature.  The tag 'function'  works with some files, but not others.  Intro files associated with aac and h264 codecs work consistently.

I started out by refreshing the library after changes, and sometimes restarting the server, but in the end changing/adding tags never needed those actions, but played the correct files immediately after the changes were made.

Thanks for your help.