app price when connecting to a Premiere server

squirrellydw

squirrellydw

If I have an active Premiere account on my server and my friends want to connect to it, do they need to pay for the AppleTV app?

Edited by squirrellydw

seanbuff
1 hour ago, squirrellydw said:

do they need to pay for the AppleTV app?

No, as long as you have an active Premiere subscription on your server, your friends device will be covered.

bakes82

You should really state the correct answer which is: it depends, if you already have your max number of licenses in use then yes they can pay to have their own device license so you dont need to upgraded/buy device licenses, there is also no way to track the number of "premier" licenses in use, so lets say your friend logs in on his ipad, and tv, and phone, and you want to use your new ipad, you maybe out of licenses, the licenses are rolling, so today you might be at 3, tomorrow you might be at 1 depending on last used date, there is alo no way to clear a device (the UI that shows devices doesnt count for premier licenses which is handled off server from what I can tell).

13 hours ago, bakes82 said:

You should really state the correct answer which is: it depends, if you already have your max number of licenses in use then yes they can pay to have their own device license so you dont need to upgraded/buy device licenses, there is also no way to track the number of "premier" licenses in use, so lets say your friend logs in on his ipad, and tv, and phone, and you want to use your new ipad, you maybe out of licenses, the licenses are rolling, so today you might be at 3, tomorrow you might be at 1 depending on last used date, there is alo no way to clear a device (the UI that shows devices doesnt count for premier licenses which is handled off server from what I can tell).

Hi.  That is not really accurate.  Some of our apps allow unlocks for playback but the Apple TV app does not. 

@squirrellydwYour friends will have access to your server within the Premiere device limits.

Is there a limit to Emby Premiere?

bakes82
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That is not really accurate.  Some of our apps allow unlocks for playback but the Apple TV app does not. 

@squirrellydwYour friends will have access to your server within the Premiere device limits.

Is there a limit to Emby Premiere?

Not every box is checked, so like I said, it depends, if only there was a way to see from the admin dash, oh right, its coming soon for the past 10yrs now.

image.png.6f02c1c2b566d1bca722f595548c7d89.png