No audio when playing transcoded files

solidsnakex37

solidsnakex37
On 5/23/2022 at 8:18 AM, AndyXH said:

Currently as a work around. To do this, you need to install the Diagnostics plugin, reboot, then go to Diagnostic Options and scroll down a bit to see the two text fields.

Find: -segment_format mpegts

Replace: -segment_format mpegts -segment_format_options mpegts_flags=+system_b

image.png.13c8f37daf0a2f62336283d2fdd2237f.png

It appears to be that the TV doesn't support ATSC-style E-AC3 descriptors in MPEGTS (when the HLS protocol is being used), but it supports the DVB-Standard EAC3 descriptors.
The latter are actually also a bit more common. This seems to be more related on the Samsung TVs. Emby is currently working on a solutions. For now if anyone is having a simulator issues please try above commands. 

I am running into this same issue, I am going to test the above and see how things play out. I am on the latest server, 4.7.14.0 and on Emby for Samsung 1.2.6.

solidsnakex37
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@solidsnakex37

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hey @Luke

Here is the transcode log and the server log from the time of the issue, I haven't gotten around to testing the above workaround yet

embyserver-63837763200.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a1df7e88-59eb-4891-93df-8f17789ef965_1.txt