Emby not finding new titles when added to folder

GoldenSpider
Go to solution Solved by GoldenSpider,

GoldenSpider

I've been having this issue lately where Emby doesn't seem to be able to find new titles when added to a folder

Specifically i'm adding new episodes of a TV show to the season's folder, telling it to scan, but it doesn't find the new episodes

Even more specifically i'm trying to add the recent Doctor Who specials to my Doctor Who > Specials Folder, some of them are working, but others are not showing up at all

For instance, this is the name of an episode that Emby was able to find.: Doctor.Who.2005.S14.special.Wild.Blue.Yonder.mkv

but this one is not being detected by emby at all: Doctor.Who.2005.S14.special.The.Star.Beast.mkv

I tried restarting emby as well, and then it stopped finding the WIld Blue Yonder episode, but was able to find The Star Beast one now.

Really confused as to what is going on here

• Thanks 1

• Solution
GoldenSpider

Believe I figured it out with some creative renaming. Possibly because of the similar names it was thinking that they were the same files but different versions of the same file, for different languages or such. as I realized that when i clicked into the one showing up in Emby it has a section to choose if I wanted to watch the version that was "WIld.blue.yonder" or "star.beast"

• Thanks 1