Passthrough or PCM

Giups7

Hi, I have a doubt about my system.
I have a Samsung UE50H6200AY TV which is connected via HDMI Arc to my Sony HTSF-200 saundbar.
When I watch a film with an AC3 or E-AC3 audio track, with the hard disk connected directly to the TV, in the TV's audio settings I can choose between PCM and Dolby Digital, naturally I leave Dolby digital.
The same film (connected to the emby server with raspberry) with the same AC3 or E-AC3 audio track, when I start it from the android tv app of my 4k fire tv connected to the UE50H6200AY it seems to work, I'm not sure, through the passthrough of the app, where the audio output is set to auto. But if I go to the TV settings I can only choose PCM, Dolby Digital is not available. I wonder, do you think I'm listening in Dolby Digital? or in PCM? On the Fire stick the audio setting is set to best surround.
I underline that on Kodi through the allow passthrough I seem to have the same results as the Emby app, in fact even on Kodi in the TV settings select only PCM, but it seems to me that the audio track with the passthrough still works in Dolby.
In other words, although the TV only shows the PCM option, do you think I'm listening to Dolby on apps with passthrough? Thank you

34 minutes ago, Giups7 said:
can you help me?

Its only a 2.1 soundbar so it will make no noticeable difference whether it is receiving PCM or Dolby.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ALD76 said:

È solo una soundbar 2.1, quindi non farà alcuna differenza evidente se riceve PCM o Dolby.

Thanks for your help. so you can't actually understand what the soundbar receives?

5 hours ago, Giups7 said:

so you can't actually understand what the soundbar receives?

Not unless it or the TV tells you.

I think if it sounds good to you then you are good.  With only a 2.1 soundbar you probably cannot hear the difference.

45 minutes ago, ebr said:

Penso che se ti suona bene, allora sei bravo. Con solo una soundbar 2.1 probabilmente non sentirai la differenza.

Thank you very much for helping. I will listen to your advice. I will continue to use emby, the nerd stats say dolby (direct). that's fine. Thanks and good job

• Thanks 1