Best driver to use for nvidia quadro

Mentalblaze
Go to solution Solved by Mentalblaze,

Mentalblaze

I am about to replace an old server with another one - still old, but not as old and with more ram and an Nvidia Quadro K1200 in it. 
I have installed Rocky 8 on it and now I have spent a lot of hours trying to install the official Nvidia driver on it, as that was recommended on this page:
https://emby.media/support/articles/Hardware-Acceleration-on-Linux.html
I downloaded the .run-file and seven fixed exceptions and errors, I want to delete that installer and never use nvidia ever again...

The last three or four being various alternatives of "can't find --kernel-source-path" 

While googling I have come across a couple of "do not use nvidias driver" and pointing to rpmfusion 12 or elrepo 32 as altarnatives. But Emby is not mentioned...
Is there any other driver that can be used together with Emby instead of that crappy piece of software? If the installation is such a nightmare, will it even work if I ever succeed to install it? (sorry, venting).

• Solution
Mentalblaze

OK, I hear you and interprets that as "It might work, but you are on your own". 
That's OK, I understand. I took a brake and read your comment and did some more googling and found this commands for installing the NVIDIA official driver another way than the .run file I used earlier.

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/rhel8/x86_64/cuda-rhel8.repo
sudo dnf clean all
sudo dnf -y module install nvidia-driver:latest-dkms
sudo dnf -y install cuda

And that worked like a charm and everything passed successfully.

• Thanks 1