Green screen when using QSV tonemapping

Patatra24321

Patatra24321

Hi,

Using Emby in an LXC container on proxmox, hardware transcoding is working fine with QSV but hardware tonemapping give me only a greenscreen. I can use VAAPI hw tonemapping but then the movie is really dark, almost invisible.

Here are some screenshots :

QSV tonemapping

Intel QSV tone mapping

VAAPI tonemapping

VAAPI tonemapping

Not emby

Not emby, correct result

Here is ffmpeg log with QSV tonemapping : ffmpeg-transcode-ee315c75-8a0c-4fdd-81f5-1737d63ddd9a_1.txt

And ffmpeg log with VAAPI : ffmpeg-transcode-6fd6bd32-c6e1-4224-81b1-06bfc15d7f43_1.txt

Thanks!

OK so that just wraps around our debian package, which is good. Are you able to try to the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares?

Patatra24321

Sure, I did.

QSV tonemapping is working now ! Thanks

But I found that the colors are faded. Here are two pics, one from emby and one not:

Capturedecran2023-12-10a09_47_41.thumb.png.3a8de14a10568f8ae474c6ed3931cfde.png

Emby

Capturedecran2023-12-10a09_46_01.thumb.png.6850da94be7cdc1ab59424a5c8c02a45.png

Not emby

I should tell that I have no idea wich one is accurate. I've tried to change tone mapping algorithm but I didn't notice a difference between the three

visproduction

Emby image with changed brightness and contrast appears closer to reality than the 'not Emby' example which has heavily accented colors.  What are the settings for the Emby encoding for brightness and contrast?  A scene with a large bright section in the image can get auto exposed darker during the encoding if the brightness and contrast can be set to automatic.  It seems like that is a possible setting.  I don't know the answer if you can scan and auto expose during encoding.

see: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1192801/v4l2-how-to-trigger-automatic-exposure-adjusting

Many viewers like to see accented colors where the originals are more muted and realistic.  

The next photo is a production image from the shoot for color comparison.

QSV mapping Emby example with adjusted brigthness and contrast.jpg

Copy of production photo from the movie set.jpg

Patatra24321

While I was used to the second one, I think that you're right and the emby one is more accurate. We can see more clouds details while the not emby one seem burned

• Thanks 1