Error retrieving Upcoming items

Tsch3ns
Go to solution Solved by Tsch3ns,

Tsch3ns

Synology DSM 7.2 Emby Server 4.8.0.59
Error messages on my Nvidia ShieldS while browsing through Collections (both private ones and movies): “Error retrieving upcoming items”.

Any Idea?

Jens

• 1 month later...
Bluehelix

Getting the same error on emby 4.8.0.80  Nvidia Shield 2017 & 2019  all apps are up to date everything seems to play fine but when first starting the tv show or movie the error pops up one time at the beginning

3 hours ago, Bluehelix said:

Getting the same error on emby 4.8.0.80  Nvidia Shield 2017 & 2019  all apps are up to date everything seems to play fine but when first starting the tv show or movie the error pops up one time at the beginning

Hi.  If, instead of starting playback right after entering the TV show detail screen, if you wait 60 seconds, do you see that message anyway?

Bluehelix

I tried waiting before playing different episodes on the 2019 shield the error didn't popup

• Thanks 1

fluppy24

I'm getting the same error message on both my firestick lite and 2019 shield. Waiting before playing makes no difference. Still getting the same error.

2 hours ago, fluppy24 said:

Waiting before playing makes no difference

Hi.  It changes when the error appears, correct?  Meaning it appears while sitting on the detail screen without trying to play at all...

fluppy24
17 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It changes when the error appears, correct?  Meaning it appears while sitting on the detail screen without trying to play at all...

Correct. The error message seems to appear when sitting on the detail screen or shortly after starting an episode.

12 hours ago, mgarman said:

Hi, any solution for this? I'm on 4.8.1.0

Hi.  This error is indicating a problem on your server.  It probably is unable to reach the tvdb.

seglertx

I think I found how to turn it off by going into the NVIDIA Shield Settings to disable Google Assistant searches for Emby.

Settings - Device Preferences - Google Assistant - Searchable Apps

9 hours ago, seglertx said:

I think I found how to turn it off by going into the NVIDIA Shield Settings to disable Google Assistant searches for Emby.

Settings - Device Preferences - Google Assistant - Searchable Apps

Hi.  No, that would be completely unrelated.  Now Emby will not show results when you search with GA.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, AndreiP said:

Same error here on Sharp Tv and Formuler box. 

Hi there, what version of Emby do you have installed on the TV?

AndreiP

Hi there, what version of Emby do you have installed on the TV?

2.0.98g on my Formuler.
On Sharp TV it should be the same: I installed the version that was availabale form the apps. It's a TV with the integrated Roku. Unfortunatelly, I can not check, the TV belongs to one of my friends. But for the Formuler Z11 Pro it's sure.

The error appears not very often and it's like randomly: sometimes it appears when I started a movie or show, sometimes just like that on the screen. 
Never had this message on Chromecast Google TV btw. 

Edited by AndreiP

Hi.  This is an indication of a problem on your server contacting the tvdb.  It may also just be the query taking too long and timing out.

17 hours ago, AndreiP said:

2.0.98g on my Formuler.
On Sharp TV it should be the same: I installed the version that was availabale form the apps. It's a TV with the integrated Roku. Unfortunatelly, I can not check, the TV belongs to one of my friends. But for the Formuler Z11 Pro it's sure.

The error appears not very often and it's like randomly: sometimes it appears when I started a movie or show, sometimes just like that on the screen. 

Hi, are you still able to play when this happens?

2 hours ago, Luke said:

This is completely unrelated to playback.  They are just hitting the play button before the previous screen's query times out.  Since the message is a system "toast" it comes through on top of whatever they are doing at the time.

AndreiP
  On 3/4/2024 at 9:36 PM, AndreiP said:

2.0.98g on my Formuler.

Expand  

Yes, I can. 

This is completely unrelated to playback.  They are just hitting the play button before the previous screen's query times out.  Since the message is a system "toast" it comes through on top of whatever they are doing at the time.

Could you tell me please what should I do about it to fix it? 

Can you reproduce the problem and then immediately grab the server log and post it here?

Thanks.

AndreiP

Can you reproduce the problem and then immediately grab the server log and post it here?

Thanks.

Hi, 

Please keep me informed. It just arrived. 

Thank you, 

embyserver.txt

Yep the request to the tvdb is failiing.

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadGateway