Assistance Required with Open Subtitles and Addic7ed Plugins on Emby

jserantes2

jserantes2

I am reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I am experiencing on my Emby server regarding subtitle plugins. I have installed the Open Subtitles and Addic7ed plugins, but unfortunately, I am encountering some difficulties.

The main issues are as follows:

1. Automatic subtitle downloads are not functioning.
  2. The option to manually download subtitles does not appear in the interface.

I have attempted to troubleshoot these problems without success. To aid in diagnosing the issue, I have taken several screenshots of my current plugin configurations and settings.

I would be immensely grateful if you could review these screenshots and provide guidance or solutions to rectify this situation. Your expertise in resolving these plugin issues would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

image.png.47e298f791c801706d3018d0b5d03ab1.pngimage.png.2df538aae2b5cfaa2925e644f3473c0a.png

Automatic subtitle downloads are not functioning.

Hi there, why do you think it's not functioning.  Look at the checkboxes that you checked...maybe those are limiting what's being downloaded?

The option to manually download subtitles does not appear in the interface.

Have you explored the permissions for your Emby user?

jserantes2

Thank you for your continued support. I would like to provide some additional information regarding the subtitle download issues on my Emby server.

Automatic Subtitle Downloads: This is the first time I am configuring the automatic download feature. I have never seen it function properly on my server.

Manual Subtitle Downloads: Previously, I was able to download subtitles manually without any issues. This functionality seems to have stopped working recently.

Specific Case - The White Lotus: I have been conducting tests primarily with the series "The White Lotus." Initially, this series already had French subtitles available. However, after configuring the server for automatic subtitle downloads in English and Spanish, there has been no increase or addition of subtitles in these languages.

This situation is puzzling since the automatic download feature should ideally fetch subtitles in the selected languages, but it seems to be non-functional. Moreover, the loss of manual download capability is concerning.

Could you please assist in identifying why these features are not working as expected? Are there specific server settings or user permissions I should be aware of to enable these functionalities?

Your guidance on resolving these issues and restoring the subtitle functionalities would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the permissions for your Emby user? that is probably why the Edit Subtitles menu option is not there.

Regarding automatic downloads, you checked these two boxes:

• Forced subtitles only
  • Skip if embedded subtitles are found

Requiring both of those conditions will severely restrict how many automatic downloads will occur.

Do you know what forced subtitles are? And in the screenshot of the video you posted, that video already has embedded subtitles.

jserantes2

I just wanted to express my sincere thanks for your guidance. Upon reviewing the permissions for my Emby user, I discovered that indeed, the issue was related to these settings. Adjusting the permissions resolved the problem with the manual subtitle downloads.

Additionally, your explanation about the automatic download settings was very insightful. I now understand how the options for 'Forced subtitles only' and 'Skip if embedded subtitles are found' could limit the automatic downloads. This has been a learning experience for me.

Thank you once again for your prompt and effective support. It's greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
jserantes2

Hi Luke, I am back, facing issues with downloading subtitles. I'm planning to send you screenshots of the problem I'm encountering. I've been attempting to download subtitles for a specific movie and realized that the subtitle downloading system isn't functioning for this or any other movie, in any language. I've rechecked the entire configuration, installed new subtitle plugins, and confirmed whether the subtitles for this movie are available in Spanish. Despite these efforts, the issue persists; whenever I click the 'search for subtitles' button, a blue linear sphere spins in circles as if it's attempting to find something, but it always ends with the same empty result. Any ideas on what could be causing this?image.png.17605a492c2016e6ed91f706f35947e5.png

image.png.de8b7796388844f625369b271689babd.png

image.png.063165f4959a3e8eeacfdef1cf8debc5.png

image.png.3b4b683df31133fa469215f7195466c5.png

image.png.a69e9b552d9ac7ab50f89d06099af6f6.png

image.png.4b8f65aa6ee16618118305e23449c127.png

image.png.99ddec3f4304014bd7319c178a56db8c.png

image.png.94eb4054fcc6f2db96c54c5e00da95ea.png

Q-Droid

The Open Subtitles plugin was updated to change the API from .org to .com. You need to create an account on .com and update the plugin credentials. OpenSubtitles has a facility to copy your membership from .org to .com.

jserantes2

Thanks a lot @Q-droid I've followed the advice you provided regarding the Open Subtitles issue. I updated the Open Subtitles plugin to shift from the .org to the .com API, created an account on the .com site, and updated the plugin credentials accordingly. I've tried both the email and username for the new account and attempted to download subtitles for different movies. Despite these efforts, the problem persists.

When I click the 'search for subtitles' button, it still shows the blue linear sphere spinning, but ends with no results. This occurs for every movie and in all languages. It seems that the underlying issue remains unresolved. Could there be another aspect of the configuration or a different problem that we're overlooking? Any further assistance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

56 minutes ago, jserantes2 said:

Thanks a lot @Q-droid I've followed the advice you provided regarding the Open Subtitles issue. I updated the Open Subtitles plugin to shift from the .org to the .com API, created an account on the .com site, and updated the plugin credentials accordingly. I've tried both the email and username for the new account and attempted to download subtitles for different movies. Despite these efforts, the problem persists.

When I click the 'search for subtitles' button, it still shows the blue linear sphere spinning, but ends with no results. This occurs for every movie and in all languages. It seems that the underlying issue remains unresolved. Could there be another aspect of the configuration or a different problem that we're overlooking? Any further assistance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, please provide an example and attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

jserantes2

Thank you for your response. As per your request, I am providing a detailed example along with the Emby server log to better illustrate the issue I'm encountering with the Open Subtitles plugin.

Attached are screenshots showing the results when I attempt to download subtitles. The server version is 4.7.14.0, and you can also find a screenshot of the library configuration. The Open Subtitles plugin has been updated with the correct credentials for the .com site. Additionally, I am including logs and screenshots to give you a clearer context of the setup and the steps I've taken so far.

Despite these configurations, the issue persists for all movies in any language. I hope this additional information helps in diagnosing and resolving the problem. Your further assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.6eeb3d3bc05db438d86d86e0fa41095f.png

image.png.6338e526f1c0923d6da5944f6dc19886.pngimage.png.7c4e3a70a963940e772b6b340c08f8c2.png

image.png

embyserver (1).txt hardware_detection-63840940021 (1).txt

GrimReaper

You're having multiple failed login attempts:

2024-01-15 18:29:00.614 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-01-15 18:29:00.797 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.14.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-91-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-045) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #101-Ubunt
    Framework: .NET 6.0.20
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Have you entered your username or email in plugin config (only former should be used, not latter) and correct password for .com site?

GrimReaper

I'd say you're hitting API request limit now:

2024-01-21 16:53:43.997 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-01-21 16:53:44.064 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.14.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-91-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-045) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #101-Ubunt
    Framework: .NET 6.0.20
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests

@Luke, is that error linked to a non-VIP/VIP user limit or number of app API calls/API rate limit? 

Q-Droid
39 minutes ago, jserantes2 said:

I just try it twice today to show you the error...

If the Scheduled Task to Download Subtitles is enabled that can also exhaust your API hits.

jserantes2

Thanks for the feedback, I am not aware of had configure anything related to that. Where can I check that and how should I configure that to make it work properly. 

9 minutes ago, jserantes2 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I am not aware of had configure anything related to that. Where can I check that and how should I configure that to make it work properly. 

Hi, you can only download a certain amount per day. To download more than that, you'll need to be an open subtitles vip member.

Q-Droid
20 minutes ago, jserantes2 said:

As far as I know the Scheduled Task is enabled by default. If you have many videos that need subtitles it will try to fetch them. If you don't have a VIP membership it can easily hit the download limit without you even knowing it. I've disabled the scheduled task and have the library settings to download subtitles upon media import and manually.

You shouldn't need to disable the scheduled task. Once it gets a rate limit error it won't keep hitting their api over and over.

Q-Droid
13 hours ago, Luke said:

You shouldn't need to disable the scheduled task. Once it gets a rate limit error it won't keep hitting their api over and over.

But this will also prevent manual downloads thru Emby, right? I mean once the limit is hit whether it was via task or manually. Eventually it should settle into normal usage and users new to the plugin don't realize the scheduled task can hit the limit every day until all subtitles are downloaded.

7 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

But this will also prevent manual downloads thru Emby, right? I mean once the limit is hit whether it was via task or manually. Eventually it should settle into normal usage and users new to the plugin don't realize the scheduled task can hit the limit every day until all subtitles are downloaded.

Not necessarily. It only remembers the over limit status for a short while, and then it will try again.

Q-Droid
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Not necessarily. It only remembers the over limit status for a short while, and then it will try again.

We might be talking about different things: API call rate limiting vs. user download limits. The first being load management on OpenSubtitles and the other is user limits based on their membership type. Pausing/throttling can alleviate hitting call rate limits but waiting for the cycle to reset is the only way I know of to handle the download limits.

The server doesn't try to manage the user limit. It will just download until it gets an error related either that or the rate limit.