STRM Collection Merger

OnyxUK

hey would it be possible to get a plugin to allow strm files to be merged within collections please? this use to be available on another plugin but was taken away from it with updating. i have so many libraries, one with all my main films and other libraries all as STRM files. there  is so many of multi films the same in collections i cant actually see what's in them lol   

either by emby or by a community dev :)

Thanks guys and hope you can help

EXAMPLE

image.thumb.png.4b590b8fe7878e29eb7866e15a8a4107.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, I would think the general merging plugin that is already available could do this.

what one was you thinking of mate ? the only one i have tried was auto collections plugin lol if there is one i have missed (Highly likely pmsl) will defo give it a try :)

ahhh that was the one i have tried but it had an update a while ago to make it stable for newest versions.

(New update thanks to @Cheesegeezer

Looks like we've managed to update the plugin, to be current Emby Server 4.7.7 (minimum)

Some Changes to be aware of

• Automatic Library scan and updates are disabled, too many things are triggering library scans at the moment and entering into an endless loop which will crash the server. 
  • Moved to a Scheduled task now.
  • Fully Locked item Metadata can be ignored in the Plugin Settings for grouping.  (Partial field may have worked before but you need to Lock the item itself now)
  • ".strm" files are ignored from any processing
  • New plugin Graphics with a big nod to MikePlanet
  • This is always Mikes plugin and the work he has done is fantastic.  - We only did essential maintenance to keep this alive for you peeps.)

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, OnyxUK said:

ahhh that was the one i have tried but it had an update a while ago to make it stable for newest versions.

(New update thanks to @Cheesegeezer

Looks like we've managed to update the plugin, to be current Emby Server 4.7.7 (minimum)

Some Changes to be aware of

• Automatic Library scan and updates are disabled, too many things are triggering library scans at the moment and entering into an endless loop which will crash the server. 
  • Moved to a Scheduled task now.
  • Fully Locked item Metadata can be ignored in the Plugin Settings for grouping.  (Partial field may have worked before but you need to Lock the item itself now)
  • ".strm" files are ignored from any processing
  • New plugin Graphics with a big nod to MikePlanet
  • This is always Mikes plugin and the work he has done is fantastic.  - We only did essential maintenance to keep this alive for you peeps.)

You are correct, .strm files support was removed for compatibility reasons with another plugin (Top Picks) at the time, something number of users (including myself) had a gripe with. And it is still so, AFAIK. So unless someone steps in and restores same functionality, I'm afraid you're out of luck for your particular scenario.

• Sad 1

aahh thats a shame, well i hope someone would be able to update it when they get some spare time. 

thanks @Luke@GrimReaper for the help :) 

good news though as a temp fix if you install version 4.6.0.22 beta this will work but i haven't tested this with other plugins like top picks etc 

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=89060

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@chefsorry to tag you direct but do you think this is something you would be able to create maybe ? i have just everything and starting to give up with the whole thing now haha or any other devs you know that could help  

• 2 weeks later...
bruor

Are you merging multiple .strm files?   I came across a nasty bug when trying to merge .mkv and .strm media together.  Or is this just adding all the versions to the collection side by side? 

Edited by bruor