Custom favorites Groups/Tabs

Recoil6

I have seen requests for a  Live TV Custom favorites group/tab however, I do not see those features in Emby. Please allow me to request this feature to be implemented once more.

With so many channels in IPTV this is a must feature to be able to sort channels in a meaningful way that makes sense to the end user.

I see the sorting features and tags in the guide that up to a point can be made to work like groups/tabs but still is cumbersome and not as easy as a custom group or tab.

Users are relying in other IPTV channel sorting services for an extra expense to catalog in an intuitive manner but still falls short of something easy like a custom group/tab.

It would be ideal to make groups/tabs and put in those groups/tabs whatever channels you want. If you want to check the Movies just go to the “Movies” tab and there is the guide to those movie channels designated by the end user. Easy to find and see what is playing in that group/tab.

I am user of Dish Network, in the receiver I can make lists of favorites one for each person in my home. They can glance in their lists and see what is playing in their favorite channels at a glance.

Anyhow I hope this feature can be implemented to make the interface intuitive and easy to use. Thank you.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Recoil6 said:

I am user of Dish Network, in the receiver I can make lists of favorites one for each person in my home. They can glance in their lists and see what is playing in their favorite channels at a glance.

Hi.  You can do that in Emby too.  Users can mark favorite channels and filter the guide by favorites or sort them to the top.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You can do that in Emby too.  Users can mark favorite channels and filter the guide by favorites or sort them to the top.

You are correct up to a point but you have all the favorites at the top and all the other channels at the bottom, and you get only one go at it. If you switch to favorites in "Home" you only have one "favorites" page with the icons no guide.

What I am suggesting is custom groups/tabs that I can name and put my chosen channels in. When I click on that custom group/tab it would take me to the custom page where I would see my channels in the guide format so I can see only the channels I selected and the guide to those channels.

In a perfect world I would be able to make as many groups/tabs as I want news, movies, sports, adult, user 1, user 2, etc. And enter in each tab just the channels I select so when I go into that particular group/ tab I only see the guide info for those channels.

That would make things so much easier to hide the many IPTV channels I do not watch and keep the ones I watch at my fingertips :)

Edited by Recoil6

jaycedk

Have you tried this, mark channel as favorit.
And then use the sort order.

You will see channel 1 and channel 19 at the top, and they are marked as favorits.

image.png.05397a3ccfebbf6e7007582509b6e2d3.png

9 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

Have you tried this, mark channel as favorit.
And then use the sort order.

You will see channel 1 and channel 19 at the top, and they are marked as favorits.

Yes I have, that is what I meant by in my previous post "all the favorites at the top and all the other channels at the bottom, and you get only one go at it." Thanks!

Edited by Recoil6

32 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

Ohhh so you need a drag and drop option.

If you mess up, gotcha 😁

Hmm Drag and drop? I do not think I mention drag and drop. In a nutshell as I previously posted "What I am suggesting is custom groups/tabs that I can name and put my chosen channels in. When I click on that custom group/tab it would take me to the custom page where I would see my channels in the guide format so I can see only the channels I selected and the guide to those channels."