Issues adding second server

Jsmedsvrmi

Jsmedsvrmi

Hi,

I recently added a second server for Emby.  I got it set up using the app on the server.  It shows up on my local network Roku devices with no problems. However, it won't let me add it to the other external Roku device I let my kids use. Tried going into Emby connect to add the server and it says it can't connect. I matched the settings to the first server (which works fine externally), but it still won't connect. I tried both IP (LAN and WAN) but nothing.  Not sure what I'm missing. Any suggestions?

Hello Jsmedsvrmi,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

pwhodges

You don't tell us much...

Is the new server on the same computer as the original one, or a different one?

If on the same computer, have you changed its ports to prevent conflict with the original, and provided the additional port forwarding?

If on a different computer, is the networking on that set to Private (not Public)?

Paul

Jsmedsvrmi

Sorry, pretty novice at this. They’re on the same network. I access Emby on my local network from my desktop and my laptop. Both servers show up there. They also show up on my phone app. However when I turn the wi-fi off, I can’t access the second server, just the first one. I did enable port mapping in the app as well as allow remote connections. When it comes to changing ports, I haven’t done that before.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:42 PM, Jsmedsvrmi said:

when I turn the wi-fi off, I can’t access the second server, just the first one

Hi.  To have two different servers available externally, you would have had to setup either a reverse proxy or two different port forwarding rules in your router with different external ports and then use those for the two different servers.

Did you do any of that?

pwhodges

We need to know how your network is connected up.

What computers have wired networking, and what are using wifi?  Which computer is each of the servers running on?  Are your wired and wifi networks partitioned in the router?  What forwarding rules have you set up in the router?

Paul