Force thumbnail generation

vdrover

vdrover

I noticed that some of the MKV files in my library have video thumbnails that are displayed while scrubbing. Other MKVs do not. I have a mix of H264 and H265/HEVC, but this does not predict the presence of thumbnails while scrubbing. 

I have tried creating video thumbnails from the scheduled tasks area, but this does not help. 

Is there a way to force and monitor video thumnbnail  generation? Can anyone suggest other ways to troubleshoot this issue?

GrimReaper

Are all those items part of the same library? Maybe you enabled 10-second bifs at some later point and previously you had only chapter markers enabled? Have you tried refreshing metadata on an item that doesn't have bifs? 

vdrover

I checked and all my libraries have a 10-sec interval for images. Also, I didn't realize that the BIF files contained the thumbnails. So, I have some success for files in my TV folder. 

But for example, i have a home video library. I deleted the existing BIF file for one video. Then I refreshed the meta data folder, re-scanned the media folder, and regenerated the thumbnails, all from the schedules tasks area.

A new BIF file was generated, but the thumbnails are not displayed during scrubbing.

vdrover

The following appears to work in my TV library: `I refreshed the meta data folder, re-scanned the media folder, and regenerated the thumbnails, all from the schedules tasks area.`

But I can not get it to work for my `Home Videos` library. Is that expected?

3 hours ago, vdrover said:

The following appears to work in my TV library: `I refreshed the meta data folder, re-scanned the media folder, and regenerated the thumbnails, all from the schedules tasks area.`

But I can not get it to work for my `Home Videos` library. Is that expected?

Hi there, can you please provide an example? thanks.