Emby for Android - Certain Video playback doesn't Start

MikolajNi

MikolajNi

Hello,

The Problem I've encountered is that the playback of Certain Videos, it doesn't Start Only in Android Version 3.3.48 (Former Android Version Also). It Appears like the Video I've Attached, Buffering but never start. 

However For the same Video File, the Playback of IOS, For Android TV, Webpage is Perfectly Fine. Even for the same Android Devices, When I turn on the "External Player" Option, It also worked perfectly (but then it will be no subtitles of course)

Hence I figure the problem can only be with the Emby for Android App. The same problem (Doesn't matter Transcode or Direct play) appears in all my android devices (Sony Bravia X9000H, Xiaomi Spro 75, Mi Pad). 

BTW, the reason why I prefer using Android App is because of the Nice Video Backdrop function and for TV, It has a Horizontal UI View.

I've Attached my server log + transcode log & short Video of the problem.

User name: Tony

Time Tag Useful in server log: Around 11:30-11.35

Appreciate Your Time, and looking forward for your help.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6a023825-6f43-4bf7-8783-4c3438232d37_1.txt

GrimReaper

Unrelated to your playback issues but simply out of curiosity: why do you have ~400 subtitles (btw, by far the most I've ever witnessed) attached to that media? Is something off with your installation or that's intentional? 

{"Codec":"ass","Language":"chs","DisplayTitle":"Chinese Simplified (ASS)","DisplayLanguage":"Chinese Simplified","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":true,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":"/Users/mac/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/09/09cbc214bd6675b4c9ee41e05ba59180/Killing.Eve.S02E01.Do.You.Know.How.to.Dispose.of.a.Body.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.382.zh-cn.ass","Protocol":"File","AttachmentSize":0}

{"Codec":"ass","Language":"chs","DisplayTitle":"Chinese Simplified (ASS)","DisplayLanguage":"Chinese Simplified","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":401,"IsExternal":true,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":"/Users/mac/.config/emby-server/metadata/library/09/09cbc214bd6675b4c9ee41e05ba59180/Killing.Eve.S02E01.Do.You.Know.How.to.Dispose.of.a.Body.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.66.zh-cn.ass","Protocol":"File","AttachmentSize":0}]

Edited by GrimReaper

MikolajNi
17 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Unrelated to your playback issues but simply out of curiosity: why do you have ~400 subtitles (btw, by far the most I've ever witnessed) attached to that media? Is something off with your installation or that's intentional? 

Thats also a problem that ive been having, although less significant. The reason many of my video has so many subtitles is because the original subtitle plugins such as opensubtitle has little support for Simplified Chinese language, so I'm using a plugin from github that uses Shooter (For better language support) as subtitle resourses.

However this plugin was designed only for Windows/Linux Server, but I'm using an old Mac mini with Macos as my emby server. But I tried to installed it anyway, The plugin works, but every time I scan the media library or refresh metadata, it begins to download one subtitle file, hence after many years some video files are already attached with hundreds of subtitles. Every now and then, I'd manually delete some subtitles, but still not every file.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, MikolajNi said:

but every time I scan the media library or refresh metadata, it begins to download one subtitle file, hence after many years some video files are already attached with hundreds of subtitles.

That's really not convenient, you might wanna take a look at 3-rd party solution that'd make both your workflow easier and number of hits increased. 

Supported subtitles providers:

• Addic7ed
  • Argenteam
  • Assrt
  • BetaSeries
  • BSplayer
  • Embedded Subtitles
  • Gestdown.info
  • GreekSubtitles
  • HDBits.org
  • Hosszupuska
  • LegendasDivx
  • Karagarga.in
  • Ktuvit (Get hashed_password using method described here)
  • Napiprojekt
  • Napisy24
  • Nekur
  • OpenSubtitles.org
  • Podnapisi
  • RegieLive
  • Sous-Titres.eu
  • Subdivx
  • subf2m.co
  • Subs.sab.bz
  • Subs4Free
  • Subs4Series
  • Subscene
  • Subscenter
  • Subsunacs.net
  • SubSynchro
  • Subtitrari-noi.ro
  • subtitri.id.lv
  • Subtitulamos.tv
  • Sucha
  • Supersubtitles
  • Titlovi
  • Titrari.ro
  • Titulky.com
  • TuSubtitulo
  • TVSubtitles
  • Whisper (requires ahmetoner/whisper-asr-webservice)
  • Wizdom
  • XSubs
  • Yavka.net
  • YIFY Subtitles
  • Zimuku

MikolajNi
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That's really not convenient, you might wanna take a look at 3-rd party solution that'd make both your workflow easier and number of hits increased. 

Thank you for your suggestion, This Third Party Intergrated Subtitle Programm can be a massive help for my subtitle problem!

Any Idea On the playback issue?😃

HI, can you please try Emby for Android 3.3.49 once it is available for your device? It should be rolling out soon and has updated video player libraries. Thanks.

MikolajNi
5 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, can you please try Emby for Android 3.3.49 once it is available for your device? It should be rolling out soon and has updated video player libraries. Thanks.

Thank you, I will definetly install 3.3.49 in the first moment. And I will give a feedback on whether the playback problem was solved in this post. Cheers

• Thanks 1