None of my anime is matching :(

sskwhiteshadow
Go to solution Solved by smoon,

sskwhiteshadow

Hi,

Not sure why none of my anime matches at all. 

Have same collection in jellyfin and it matches 98% and manually have to sync some. IN EMBY i have maybe 1 anime match out of 117 and the rest i have to try and identify but when i search name it always fails. I have to search anidb # and then it works.

Curious y in  EMBY does automatic matching for anime doesn't work. 

I try and do manual refresh of metedata as well and replace all and the logs show nothing for this anime 

Attached example for anime: Frieren - Beyond Journey's End

I loaded all logs into notepad++ and searched for Frieren but nothing showing why it failed:

2023-12-03 08:57:32.767 Info AniSearch: Start AniSearch... Searching(Frieren - Beyond Journey's End)
2023-12-03 08:57:32.767 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.anisearch.de/anime/index/?char=all&page=1&text=Frieren - Beyond Journey's End&smode=2&sort=title&order=asc&view=2&title=de,en,fr,it,pl,ru,es,tr&titlex=1,2&hentai=yes
2023-12-03 08:57:33.393 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.anisearch.de/anime/index/?char=all&page=1&text=Frieren   Beyond Journeys End&smode=2&sort=title&order=asc&view=2&title=de,en,fr,it,pl,ru,es,tr&titlex=1,2&hentai=yes
2023-12-03 08:57:33.782 Info AniList: Start AniList... Searching(Frieren - Beyond Journey's End)

Note: did notice it only searching anisearch and not anidb even though its added

would love a workaround/solution where anime gets added and i dont have to pull up anidb # to match and pull the data. 

03.12.2023_09.01.14_REC.png

03.12.2023_09.01.01_REC.png

03.12.2023_08.58.36_REC.png

03.12.2023_09.13.53_REC.png

Edited by sskwhiteshadow
added more context

Hello sskwhiteshadow,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

pwhodges

When I tried the Anime plugin my anime went all to pot.  I use the default TVDB and it just works™.  Here's Frieren, for example:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.c3c5d2bd032f879d408d6ec07a5f447c.jpeg

Paul

• Agree 1

sskwhiteshadow

Its not matching as its not pulling any of the metadata for the show from any of my sources:

Spoiler

03.12.2023_18.52.41_REC.png

Spoiler

03.12.2023_18.53.51_REC.png

Here are my plugins

Spoiler

image.png.c499d9e1defef9532ab72c9ab48cae38.png

Then  in first post u will see ranking order for the library its in

Edited by sskwhiteshadow
Adding more context

RanmaCanada

I've had to manually enter most of my anime.  It will sometimes find it, but honeslty, it's better to do it manually as you can get a localized titlecard instead of a Japanese one with the Japanese name.

As @pwhodgesstates, the anime plugin is bunk (Luke has taken over maintaining it, but has so much on his plate) and the tvdb is what you should be using.  I've put out a bounty on a proper anime plugin for years, like what the P company has, but sadly, no one wants to make $$.

pwhodges
21 hours ago, sskwhiteshadow said:

Its not matching as its not pulling any of the metadata for the show from any of my sources:

Well, as I say, TVDB has data for every single one of my anime, including some pretty rare ones, and those just starting.  You're welcome to try other sources - but if they don't work, just remember that there's one that does!

Paul

sskwhiteshadow

i guess i just find it odd as jellyfin (fork of emby) missing features and what not and its own issues but always matched metadata correctly to anidb like 99% of the time. I am manually and yea  tvdb but it doesnt grab the rating of anidb (i prefer) and the summary of anime can be different. 

@Luke -  i have compared between jellyfin and emby and using smae database (anidb) one gets it an the other doesnt and the info is on anidb and the names matches as jellyfin plugin for anidb works. 

Wounder if we can fork or use theres since jellyfin and emby are similar 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Well, I also use at mainly the tvdb plugin for my Anime. I am also using Anime, Anilist and Anisearch Plugin just for more Metadata or to manually search on AniDb if there is an Anime which is not being available at tvdb. I´d recommend to use that.

• 2 weeks later...
sskwhiteshadow

I gave up and manually matched everything (identify and put the anidb #) 

Edited by sskwhiteshadow
  • Thanks 1