Playback of 5.1 audio if the recording starts with stereo audio

pnwtn

Hi,

TV programmes recorded using Emby's Live TV from HD channels here in the UK contain a mixture of stereo and 5.1 audio. What I've noticed is that on the LG TV Emby app, if the audio at the beginning of the recording (an advert or a sponsor clip before the show starts for example) is in stereo, the whole of the playback is in stereo even though the audio in the recording itself switches to 5.1 when the main show starts. It doesn't matter if I use transcoding or not, it's the same either way. I attached a couple of video snippets as an example, the short one preceded by the sponsor clip doesn't switch to 5.1, while the very short one without it plays fine in 5.1.

If I play exactly the same recording using the LG TV's own Photo & Video app then that switches playback from stereo to 5.1 as appropriate. Is there any way to configure things to get the LG TV Emby app to do this too?

Regards,

Phil

Show.ts Sponsor.ts

• 3 weeks later...

HI, it is true that some decisions are made at the start of playback and are applied the whole way through. It's something we'll look at improving. thanks.