TV client, TV live function switching channel suggestions

suming

On the TV client, it is recommended that when watching live TV, you can use the upper and lower arrow keys of the remote control to switch the previous channel/the next channel directly.
At present, when watching a certain TV channel, if you want to switch directly back to the list and select another channel to play. The operation is too tedious. You are advised to optimize this function.
The live TV function switches channels frequently. The current operation logic is too cumbersome.

(电视客户端上,建议在观看电视直播的时候,可以使用遥控器的上方向键和下方向键,直接切换上一个频道/下一个频道。
目前在观看某一个电视频道的时候,如果想切换直接回到列表再选择其他频道播放。操作过于繁琐。建议优化此项功能。
电视直播功能切换频道的概率很频繁。目前的操作逻辑太繁琐了。)

• Like 1

Hi.  Those navigation keys are already used for accessing and navigating the OSD.  Doesn't the mini guide give you direct access to the other channels in a better way than just blindly "surfing" them?

1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Those navigation keys are already used for accessing and navigating the OSD.  Doesn't the mini guide give you direct access to the other channels in a better way than just blindly "surfing" them?

The suggestion I made only applies to the TV client, the TV live function, I prefer when I watch the channel directly press the up/down button to switch to the previous/next channel(我提的这个建议仅适用于电视客户端,电视直播这项功能,我更希望我在观看频道的时候直接按上/下键切换上一个/下一个频道)

1 minute ago, ebr said:

Those keys are still already used for navigation of the OSD.

When watching live TV, switching channels is the most frequent action. Each time you need to go back to the list and select another channel, hit open again, and hit Play again. The operation is too tedious.(因为观看电视直播的时候,切换频道是最频繁的操作。每次都需要返回列表再选中一个频道,再打击打开,再点击播放。操作太繁琐了。)

44 minutes ago, suming said:

On the TV client, it is recommended that when watching live TV, you can use the upper and lower arrow keys of the remote control to switch the previous channel/the next channel directly.
At present, when watching a certain TV channel, if you want to switch directly back to the list and select another channel to play. The operation is too tedious. You are advised to optimize this function.
The live TV function switches channels frequently. The current operation logic is too cumbersome.

(电视客户端上,建议在观看电视直播的时候,可以使用遥控器的上方向键和下方向键,直接切换上一个频道/下一个频道。
目前在观看某一个电视频道的时候,如果想切换直接回到列表再选择其他频道播放。操作过于繁琐。建议优化此项功能。
电视直播功能切换频道的概率很频繁。目前的操作逻辑太繁琐了。)

I believe this (and other similar variations) has been asked for a lot, for a long time. The most common variation would be adding the ability to use the "channel up" and "channel down" buttons on media/universal remotes to "channel surf", which I don't believe is currently possible for some reason. 

7 hours ago, ebr said:

Those keys are still already used for navigation of the OSD.

Bro your not listening to what she is saying 😆 What she is saying is she would like to have it like Tivimate, push up to switch channels or down etc. I got use to it though what I do is push the play button from remote from guide is the best so far but I would like this feature added to be able to push up and go through channels. +1

16 hours ago, Woken said:

Bro your not listening to what she is saying

HI.  I am listening but those buttons are already used for other functions now.  Making them work differently for live TV would be odd and unexpected and also make it impossible to access some other features.

14 hours ago, ebr said:

HI.  I am listening but those buttons are already used for other functions now.  Making them work differently for live TV would be odd and unexpected and also make it impossible to access some other features.

In fact, this is in the live TV function.There is no conflict.It is completely possible to switch channels directly by pressing up and down.Use the OK key on the remote control to open the menu

9 minutes ago, suming said:

In fact, this is in the live TV function.There is no conflict.It is completely possible to switch channels directly by pressing up and down.Use the OK key on the remote control to open the menu

Because there is a separate menu key in the television remote control,So even though the up and down keys are used for direct switching, there is also an OK key to display OSD information.

In the current TV live function, the upper key of the remote control is used to display a small guide list, and the lower key is used to display the control bar, and the guide list already contains the corresponding icon in the control bar, and this function is not commonly used.
The down key and the "OK" key repeat exactly.
The "OK" key can be used to display OSD, and the up and down keys are used to switch channels directly.
So, I still recommend using the up/down arrow keys to switch channels directly

(在现阶段的电视直播功能中,遥控器的上键用于显示一个小型的指南列表,下键用于显示控制栏,而指南列表在控制栏中已经含有对应的图标,并且这项功能并不常用。
下方向键和“OK”键可以说完全重复了。
完全可以使用"OK"键显示OSD,上/下键用于频道的直接切换。
所以,我还是建议将上/下方向键用于直接切换频道。)

14 hours ago, ebr said:

When other people used the TV client to connect to my server, 9 out of 10 reported that the software was too cumbersome to switch channels.(其他的人使用电视客户端在连接我的服务端之后,10个人中有9个人反馈这个软件切换频道太麻烦。)

There are about 20 or so people in my service who are using the live TV function, and no less than 15 people have told me about this problem. If it is not for the excessive number of people who have responded to me about this problem, I did not want to respond to this problem. So you can either stick with your current design, which is cumbersome for most people, or listen to user suggestions.(我的服务端大概有20个左右的人在使用电视直播功能,有不少于15个人来给我说过这个问题,如果不是因为对我反应这个问题的人数过多,我也并没有想着来反应这个问题。所以你大可以继续沿用目前对于大多数人来说繁琐的设计,或者听取用户建议。)

On 12/3/2023 at 4:56 PM, ebr said:

I see your point, in order for it to work you would need to shuffle things around then.

On 12/5/2023 at 5:50 AM, Luke said:

Hi, up/down channel support will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Cool, so it would have to be enabled shutting off what the current up and down arrows do now right? Then if not enabled it stays as is I am guessing.

3 minutes ago, Woken said:

Cool, so it would have to be enabled shutting off what the current up and down arrows do now right? Then if not enabled it stays as is I am guessing.

No because it would use dedicated channel up/down buttons and commands.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:12 PM, Luke said:

No because it would use dedicated channel up/down buttons and commands.

So then while watching live tv and pressing down there would be no more movie cover poster ooooooh noooooo 😪

I really like that but it's all good :)

Hope this update takes a very long long time 😁 sorry suming 🤣

17 hours ago, Woken said:

So then while watching live tv and pressing down there would be no more movie cover poster ooooooh noooooo

Hi.  No.  Luke is referring to using actual "channel up" and "channel down" buttons on the remote (if they exist).  The arrow keys will continue to function as they do now.

4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  No.  Luke is referring to using actual "channel up" and "channel down" buttons on the remote (if they exist).  The arrow keys will continue to function as they do now.

All good ebr, you are the man 🙂