Tags imported from M3U file are not working for user access control

ttowler

I am trying to bulk assign tags to channels using the group tag for each channel in my M3U file.  In another thread, I found that multiple tags could be assigned using a semicolon, so the format of the tag assignment in my M3U file is something like this:  group-title="Local Channels; Dads Channels"

When I refresh the guide data, and look at the metadata for the channel, both tags do appear.  However, when I try to restrict a user's access control based on those tags, the tag isn't initially recognized.  Specifically, in this case I have the user restricted from accessing the channel if it contains the tag, but the user actually is restricted from all channels. However, I've noticed that I can go back into the metadata where the tags already exist, hit save without changing anything, and voila, the user now can access that channel. I wouldn't mind manually saving the metadata for each channel in this manner, if I only had to do it once.  However, whenever the guide is refreshed, it appears that the metadata is repopulated and then the user again can no longer access channels that he is allowed to access.  Can this be fixed so the metadata that is already associated with the channel is immediately recognized by users for the purposes of access control?  Or is there another trick to bulk channel tagging that won't require manually saving the metadata each time?